Heritage Owners Club

Who Has The OLDEST Heritage Guitar Here?

Gitfiddler

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply
arent grandmas good at that?

Too Right they are! If I was sick when I was a kid and nothing would help me feel better I would ask if my mum would go and fetch Grandma. Just having her around made me feel so much better. I loved spending time with her right up till the day she died, aged 89 ten years ago. I think I had the best grandma a kid could ever have - and a grown up man for that matter too.... I hope we can all say that about our grandma's... heck, I'm a right wuss!! I think my wife will be a terrific grandma when the time comes, but niether of us are ready to be grandparents yet, we're both under fifty.....

• 2 weeks later...

...I'm a little late to this thread...

I have a gold top '86 H-140, #C34401--Jan 21 '86 or so, and the first of the day...Anyway, it was my first "real" guitar, bought for me when I was about 13, by my Mom at my first sign of love for playing. Bought new from Chimento Music (long gone) in Aurora, CO, in early '86. I still remember the sales person's pitch about Heritage being the Kalamazoo Gibson guys, and I spent years repeating it to others unfamiliar with the name...

Sadly, around 1990 the neck just cracked sometime overnight, right behind the nut (I never understood why, except that it had fallen at one point, weeks or months before). Fortunately, we found a good luthier who was able to get it mostly back to normal....I didn't play it as much after that, but to this day it's still a great guitar, and has great sentimental meaning for me...Got a crackly jack that I need to tend to, but after all these years and many other guitars, it's still an otherwise wonderful guitar...

Jeremy

...I'm a little late to this thread...

I have a gold top '86 H-140, #C34401--Jan 21 '86 or so, and the first of the day...Anyway, it was my first "real" guitar, bought for me when I was about 13, by my Mom at my first sign of love for playing. Bought new from Chimento Music (long gone) in Aurora, CO, in early '86. I still remember the sales person's pitch about Heritage being the Kalamazoo Gibson guys, and I spent years repeating it to others unfamiliar with the name...

Sadly, around 1990 the neck just cracked sometime overnight, right behind the nut (I never understood why, except that it had fallen at one point, weeks or months before). Fortunately, we found a good luthier who was able to get it mostly back to normal....I didn't play it as much after that, but to this day it's still a great guitar, and has great sentimental meaning for me...Got a crackly jack that I need to tend to, but after all these years and many other guitars, it's still an otherwise wonderful guitar...

Jeremy

Welcome to tbhe HOC!!!

got pics?

• 4 weeks later...

I have two Heritage guitars.

H535 - V31103 - so that should be in the 2005 timeframe if I have this 'timestamp' thing right.

and I just bought (today)

H140CM - B07001 - which I believe is 10/22/85 - so today's it's birthday - it is officially 24 years old.

david

I have two Heritage guitars.

H535 - V31103 - so that should be in the 2005 timeframe if I have this 'timestamp' thing right.

and I just bought (today)

H140CM - B07001 - which I believe is 10/22/85 - so today's it's birthday - it is officially 24 years old.

david

Wow, an '85H-140CM, excellent!! I have an '89 and it rocks.

Welcome to the HOC. Feel free to tell us about your new axe and even post some pics ( of Both).

Wow, an '85H-140CM, excellent!! I have an '89 and it rocks.

Welcome to the HOC. Feel free to tell us about your new axe and even post some pics ( of Both).

Thank you - I'm glad I found this forum. The former owner of this 1985 actually turned me on to this forum. He and his wife were at the 2nd Annual PSP back in July of this year - and he brought this axe that I bought from him today.

I definitely will post pictures...I'm having "a moment" with my new one tonight...playing through my Trace Elliott Velocette...mmm, mmm, good.

I'll post pics very SOON

David

Thank you - I'm glad I found this forum. The former owner of this 1985 actually turned me on to this forum. He and his wife were at the 2nd Annual PSP back in July of this year - and he brought this axe that I bought from him today.

I definitely will post pictures...I'm having "a moment" with my new one tonight...playing through my Trace Elliott Velocette...mmm, mmm, good.

I'll post pics very SOON

David

Hi David and welcome to the HOC.

Just in case no one has mentioned it yet, do you have pics of your 140 ? :D

David

Looking back at the group picture taken outside the factory, the only H140 I see is with Rlynwood (may not be his actual name - sorry that I don't know if it is or not). Would that be the one?

so I guess my 85 is not the oldest, but really that's not the most important thing..It's the fact that it sounds awesome that counts..:D

Looking back at the group picture taken outside the factory, the only H140 I see is with Rlynwood (may not be his actual name - sorry that I don't know if it is or not). Would that be the one?

That's him and that's the guitar. Funny thing about this story of how I ended up buying this guitar is my old boss asked me to start looking for a Les Paul Standard for him (he lives in California and I live in Denver) - so I started looking on Craigslist in Denver when I came across this 140.

The gentlemen that sold it to me lives 15 minutes from my house - well, after I played this guitar I told my old boss "you wouldn't like this guitar...as much as I would and do...so I'm buying it since you said you have your heart set on a Gibson." :-)

I'll post pictures soon, but if you have the group shot from this year's PSP that's him holding it....next year that'll be me :-)

so I guess my 85 is not the oldest, but really that's not the most important thing..It's the fact that it sounds awesome that counts..:D

That's the important thing - how they sound and how they play.

The gentlemen that sold it to me lives 15 minutes from my house - well, after I played this guitar I told my old boss "you wouldn't like this guitar...as much as I would and do...so I'm buying it since you said you have your heart set on a Gibson." :-)

Sounds like your boss needs a really nice H150 to play.

Mine is not old but it is sweet. I bought a H150 CM in burnt amber from Graham at Wolfes and it is one of the nicest tops i have seen. I sold my Gibson Gary Moore signature to get it. The quality of the Heritage was worth the sale even though I love Gary Moore.

Here are the pictures as promised.

This is the 140 that I purchased last night

post-1402-1256361831_thumb.jpg

And this is my 535 that I bought in 2006 (manufactured in 2005)

post-1402-1256361838_thumb.jpg

• 2 months later...

I've got an '85 H140 Goldtop Ser # B128XX (Aug 25, 1985). Anyone know what day the first one was built? I replaced the open-faced Schaller pickups with Duncan '59s but still have the originals. Unfortunately it's getting ready to go on Ebay because I own a Land Surveying business in Michigan and need to keep my house more than my guitars. This economy sucks! http://topenddecals.com/HeritageH140.jpg

E 16301... bought brand new in Amsterdam more than 20 years ago....

It means it's from '88 - still great and one of my favorites... The neck feels awsome and the looks are 'Yummie'...

lol my guitar is also bought in Amsterdam. its also quite old it got a D on it so 1987, and it still plays very nice!

gallery_1625_186_510202.jpg

A The heritage h-160V

Archived