Heritage Owners Club

Who Has The OLDEST Heritage Guitar Here?

Gitfiddler

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Smurph1~ Yours might be the elder of elders...so far. We'll see who else chimes in here with an oldie but goodie! :drink_mini:
Thanks!! Still can't believe I stumbled onto it..Still has the "85" case candy..It does that LP thing better than most LP's I've played..I thank the Lord everyday for it!!

Thanks!! Still can't believe I stumbled onto it..Still has the "85" case candy..It does that LP thing better than most LP's I've played..I thank the Lord everyday for it!!

Hey, I just checked it out in the gallery...NICE. Very nice for an "aged" Heritage. How cool...! great find...

Just had a thought here.

I don't suppose that Heritage will ever have the brand power of Gibson, and after all, that isn't what Heritage are all about. But as we approach the 25th anniversary of Heritage Guitars, perhaps we fortunate few are the owners of the prized Heritage guitars of the future. I don't think my 555 will ever be valued like a 62 335, but in the years to come when perhaps Heritage has been taken over by some corporate entity, and the present owners have retired, we will be able to say our guitars were made in the golden age of Heritage guitar manufacturing and will always be considered to have had something extra special about them.

Just had a thought here.

...we will be able to say our guitars were made in the golden age of Heritage guitar manufacturing and will always be considered to have had something extra special about them.

I understand where you're coming from on this one, Mark. But I'm digging mine right now! Don't know that I could enjoy them any more than I do as they sit on their stands, in the music room; or sit in front of my amp between sets at The Flatiron, a smoky neighborhood dive at which I play every Thursday night; or when I'm having trouble figuring out who goes to the gig, because I want to take all three; or when I'm introducing the marque to someone who approaches me at a gig, who's heard of them but never seen one; or when I notice the subtle finish checking on the eighteen-year-old 576; or that amazing neck carve on the 150 as it settles into my palm; or when I just stare at The super Super...and I do that a lot! "Brand power"...couldn't care less. Something "extra special" now.... Absolutely!

Just had a thought here.

I don't suppose that Heritage will ever have the brand power of Gibson, and after all, that isn't what Heritage are all about. But as we approach the 25th anniversary of Heritage Guitars, perhaps we fortunate few are the owners of the prized Heritage guitars of the future. I don't think my 555 will ever be valued like a 62 335, but in the years to come when perhaps Heritage has been taken over by some corporate entity, and the present owners have retired, we will be able to say our guitars were made in the golden age of Heritage guitar manufacturing and will always be considered to have had something extra special about them.

+1

I understand where you're coming from on this one, Mark. But I'm digging mine right now! Don't know that I could enjoy them any more than I do as they sit on their stands, in the music room; or sit in front of my amp between sets at The Flatiron, a smoky neighborhood dive at which I play every Thursday night; or when I'm having trouble figuring out who goes to the gig, because I want to take all three; or when I'm introducing the marque to someone who approaches me at a gig, who's heard of them but never seen one; or when I notice the subtle finish checking on the eighteen-year-old 576; or that amazing neck carve on the 150 as it settles into my palm; or when I just stare at The super Super...and I do that a lot! "Brand power"...couldn't care less. Something "extra special" now.... Absolutely!

My point exactly! I can't wait to have some spare cash to get a 150CM, but it won't be for a while yet, and they are few and far between over here in the uk. A couple of years back I saw one which would have been a dream guitar but as I am not a high earner, just put my son through University (he got a first class honours degree from a top university) and also just paid for my daughter's wedding four weeks back, I am just a bit short of spare money right now! BUT! I keep looking and if the right one pops up in the next year, if the wife agrees, you never know what might find a home. I could get one now but it would mean selling the 555 and I have sold too many guitars in the past out of nessecity to fund a better guitar. A 555 is too special to sell, especially when I have upgraded it to my spec.

Quality is never an accident; it is always the result of high intention, sincere effort, intelligent direction and skillful execution; it represents the wise choice of many alternatives.

+1

Mark your a good man putting your kids through school and helping them to start their lives, Karma will reward you soon enough.

Thanks Bob, I really appreciate your kind words. There have been many things I have had to pass up on, just as many other people also have to. I want my kids to be able to get the things that I have struggled for and I believe education is the key to it all. My daughter who has just got married is working for a teaching degree and wants to teach what I think American's call Kindergarten school, her husband is a police officer. My wife and I paid for them to have a couple of nights away to enable them to have some sort of honey moon, they had to find £13,500 deposit to get their first property, housing is really expensive in the UK. I have another daughter who is hoping to start university next september. Right n ow my wife is recovering from ten hours surgery to her spine last wednesday and is having a tough time, but she will get better.

I think the bottom line is that when I eventually get the 150CM it will be all the sweeter for having waited. Compared to some, I have so much anyway.

Thanks Bob, I really appreciate your kind words. There have been many things I have had to pass up on, just as many other people also have to. I want my kids to be able to get the things that I have struggled for and I believe education is the key to it all. My daughter who has just got married is working for a teaching degree and wants to teach what I think American's call Kindergarten school, her husband is a police officer. My wife and I paid for them to have a couple of nights away to enable them to have some sort of honey moon, they had to find £13,500 deposit to get their first property, housing is really expensive in the UK. I have another daughter who is hoping to start university next september. Right n ow my wife is recovering from ten hours surgery to her spine last wednesday and is having a tough time, but she will get better.

I think the bottom line is that when I eventually get the 150CM it will be all the sweeter for having waited. Compared to some, I have so much anyway.

Have you thought about maybe selling the Mercedes.

just hold your breath and squint, you'll get there soon enough.

Have you thought about maybe selling the Mercedes.

just hold your breath and squint, you'll get there soon enough.

The Mercedes is just a picture I down loaded from the net, I love classic cars but they are out of my league. However! I did once drive a 1965 Bentley S3 when I helped out at a few weddings, I used to hire it off a guy I knew and do a few weddings to bring in some extra cash!

My turn is coming, I know it!!

post-1193-1253307607_thumb.jpg

By the way, don't think I am moaning or complaining, far from it, I am very happy with my lot... :);)

Oh I'm going through similar stuff, I know you'r not moaning.

When I was kid, 2 years or so My dad Had that very car in your sig, only his had red leather interior. He was driving way to fast for conditions and one of the tie rods broke when he was going around a corner on a dirt road. He ended up rolling three times end for end.

car was totaled, worst part, his mother, my grandma, lived on the corner where he rolled it.

Oh I'm going through similar stuff, I know you'r not moaning.

When I was kid, 2 years or so My dad Had that very car in your sig, only his had red leather interior. He was driving way to fast for conditions and one of the tie rods broke when he was going around a corner on a dirt road. He ended up rolling three times end for end.

car was totaled, worst part, his mother, my grandma, lived on the corner where he rolled it.

That is horrendous. Was your dad ok? out of respect I shall change the picture.

Archived