Heritage Owners Club

Who Has The OLDEST Heritage Guitar Here?

Gitfiddler

Many of you Heritige-ites have read the history of how this very special guitar company came to be.

If you have not, no worries. Here's the link: http://www.heritageguitar.com/company/about_us.htm

OK, now that you've taken the 'pre-test', learned about the 1985 origins, and the first Heritage guitar made being an H140, here's the fun part.

Who around here owns the earliest model Heritage guitar?

My first guess would probably be Jay Wolfe of Wolfe Guitars, but ya never know. Some HOC member might be playing on a piece of history as we speak...er, um write.

OK, fess up. Which 'non-dealer' member (posters and lurkers please speak up!) has the most vintage of vintage Heritage?? :P

And it isn't me either. My oldest is a very sweet '93 Golden Eagle.

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've got a couple of old ones.

Two old Heritages also .... !!!

A VIP2 from 1986 CXXXX serial # ... recently updated in the factory with HRWs and D-VIP

vip2_01.jpg

vip2_03.jpg

and a 1986 H170CM CXXXX serial #, also recently fitted with Duncan P-Rails and new hardware.

P1010089.jpg

170.jpg

( pics of the 170 courtesy of Brent. )

<br />those don't count the control's were put on the wrong side, they must be seconds.<br />
<br /><br /><br />

Spectacular!

I have a Z to be delivered soon. If you follow modular alphabetic, Z is as close to A as A is to B. It Must be old!

My oldest at the moment is my M code 1996 H-150 that was the first new Heritage I purchased. The oldest one I've owned is a 1991. Strange how you almost never see anything from the 80's for sale. Folks must really hang on to those.

I like the young ones. 1- 2008, 1-2009 and ? 2010 depending on build time.

I'm 54 years young and I'm going to try and keep that string going. :P

My kids will have a nice collection to fight over.

My 140 has a serial # b04703..If I remember right it should make it manufactured in the fall of 85..I posted some pictures of it in my gallery a while back.Some one mentioned that it may have been a custom order due to the square inlays it has..Not sure if it's the oldest, but it's getting up there..It's all original as far as I can tell..Schaller pickups, hardware, and grover tuners..(they slip a bit)

My 140 has a serial # b04703..If I remember right it should make it manufactured in the fall of 85..I posted some pictures of it in my gallery a while back.Some one mentioned that it may have been a custom order due to the square inlays it has..Not sure if it's the oldest, but it's getting up there..It's all original as far as I can tell..Schaller pickups, hardware, and grover tuners..(they slip a bit)

Smurph1~ Yours might be the elder of elders...so far. We'll see who else chimes in here with an oldie but goodie! :o

Archived