Heritage Owners Club

New Heritage ADs from Pressure

brentrocks

These are well done ads, alright. Have these been created just for fun or is there a chance that they would be used? I would also suggest showing an H-110 to illustrate that Heritage can come up with something a little different.

^^^ foreward foward

forward (the editing gene runs rampant)

My Mom is the same way..A Spelling Fanatic!!I think the gene is recessive though..:D

My Mom is the same way..A Spelling Fanatic!!I think the gene is recessive though..:)

Well, if we're editing . . . I don't think I'd say "the list goes on and on," which is fine in conversation but seems awkward in advertising prose.

I'm also not sure it's wise to put a lot of emphasis on the customizing dimension. This is the one place where our K'zoo guys have had some trouble over the years--getting special modifications wrong, etc. I think it's good to focus on the use of Lollars in some models as standard hardware, but I don't think I'd invite or encourage custom modifications.

The visual dimension of these ads and the quality of the general "tradition vibe" copy are so clearly head-and-shoulders above anything Heritage has ever done that it seems a no-brainer that they'd either use these or be prompted to imitate them. It just serves to demonstrate what is really possible if they revitalize the promo end of that business.

And that website: how is it possible that guys making boutique pedals in their basement have better sites than Heritage Guitar? With all the employment problems in Michigan these days, there has to be some young web-savvy local who could redesign the site for next to nothing.

As the founding fathers of Heritage get closer to retirement, it is all the more important that Heritage position itself for the "post-original-Gibson-workers" era. The time to start building that image is now, not after it has happened.

Sorry to sound so crabby. I probably just need to play the guitar now . . . ;)

"And that website: how is it possible that guys making boutique pedals in their basement have better sites than Heritage Guitar? With all the employment problems in Michigan these days, there has to be some young web-savvy local who could redesign the site for next to nothing."

I like the new site redesign. A big improvement over the old, outdated one. I am assuming you haven't been to the new site yet.

As long as we are nit-picking...

I think the logo should be a bit "cleaner". I am not a fan of all those rules, dates and tag lines underneath. If you are going to have one tag line fine, but that looks just a bit clunky to me, especially the tracked out date stuff.

quick read:

"Make One..." - misspelled "Schaller". "5 Piece" s/b hyphenated. i agree w/JC about the "on and on and on"...1984 vs 1985 origin - reminds me of Harley's confusion & confusement on its centennial in 1903 (s/b 1904, say some)

"We Don't Make" - same or similar

"Some Call..." - same or similar

odd to include two models that don't show on the website referenced. i'd suggest the Golden Eagle and the H-157 on the website be used for the ads (or add the Johnny Smith & that nice 140 2nd Ed. to the catalog :))

what're the red thingies around the headstocks - ribbons? whatever, they're not distinct enough to add meaning and one of 'em detracts from the inlays...

Thanks to BrentRocks for posting these for me. I emailed these ads to Heritage about a month ago and got no response, so I thought to post them here for your opinion.

Thanks to the HOC for the input.

These ads are what we in the industry call comps. Nothing you see is real. Everything is LowRez.

I used the Johnny Smith and 140 because thats what I had. These are my own guitars and I already had the photos. The intent is that all ads should show both a solid body

and a semi of full hollow body. The exception is for the introduction of a special guitar (Alex Skolnick model), that ad turned out very nice.

The relic guitar hero shot is made up of different guitars because I couldn't find a suitable full view image.

The Make One For You and Old School images came from the PSP2 images posted here, with a lot of retouching.

I wrote all the copy, sorry about the misspelled words, next time we fix. As far as the copy goes I don't know what Heritage wants to promote, this is just what I thought would

be a good start. These ads were done for the use of the Heritage Guitar Company as a vision of one way of doing advertising. There are many ways to get the Heritage message across, this is just one. Again thanks for all the comments, oh by the way I have done more ads.

"And that website: how is it possible that guys making boutique pedals in their basement have better sites than Heritage Guitar? With all the employment problems in Michigan these days, there has to be some young web-savvy local who could redesign the site for next to nothing."

I like the new site redesign. A big improvement over the old, outdated one. I am assuming you haven't been to the new site yet.

As long as we are nit-picking...

I think the logo should be a bit "cleaner". I am not a fan of all those rules, dates and tag lines underneath. If you are going to have one tag line fine, but that looks just a bit clunky to me, especially the tracked out date stuff.

Correct, I had somehow missed the new design. As Emily Litella used to say on SNL, "nevermind."

Those ads stirred the want within. Until somebody else mentioned it I didn't even notice that you forgot to use the sex perspective. Or perhaps, you made the photos and text sexy enough. In either case those are excellent copy!

Thanks to BrentRocks for posting these for me. I emailed these ads to Heritage about a month ago and got no response, so I thought to post them here for your opinion.

Thanks to the HOC for the input.

These ads are what we in the industry call comps. Nothing you see is real. Everything is LowRez.

I used the Johnny Smith and 140 because thats what I had. These are my own guitars and I already had the photos. The intent is that all ads should show both a solid body

and a semi of full hollow body. The exception is for the introduction of a special guitar (Alex Skolnick model), that ad turned out very nice.

The relic guitar hero shot is made up of different guitars because I couldn't find a suitable full view image.

The Make One For You and Old School images came from the PSP2 images posted here, with a lot of retouching.

I wrote all the copy, sorry about the misspelled words, next time we fix. As far as the copy goes I don't know what Heritage wants to promote, this is just what I thought would

be a good start. These ads were done for the use of the Heritage Guitar Company as a vision of one way of doing advertising. There are many ways to get the Heritage message across, this is just one. Again thanks for all the comments, oh by the way I have don

e more ads.

I think the ads are great.. +111...

I just emailed 3 ads to BrentRocks. The Medieval ads are variations of the Old School ad, the Skolnick Signature Guitar ad is just showing how a new artist or limited edition guitar could be promoted within the established look. Thanks for the warm response.

Are these 'official' ads commissioned by Heritage? And do I have permission to use these for my website (I'm a Heritage Guitar Dealer in Canada)?

I do not believe that these are commissioned by Heritage and are only a presentation of possibilities for future advertising campaigns. And as such are not official or available for advertising use .

Of course ... the accurate and proper answer to your question will come from Brent or Pressure.....

These ads are what we in the industry call comps. Nothing you see is real.

These ads are not for reproduction and were not commissioned from Heritage. They were done to show Heritage an alternative to their current advertising (the one picture is worth a thousand words idea). There may be legal issues as I haven't included copyright information nor have I received usage rights for the photography. The copy may well be technically incorrect or may not be how Heritage wants to focus their advertising, and in fact Heritage may be working on something completly different. I did not do these ads to get a job from Heritage, this was done as a friendly gesture. There are marketing issues as well as other future implications. As a final thought I want to restate these ads are just an idea not something that is real or that has been endorsed by Heritage, they may not even know about these ads or may even hate ideas for their future advertising. All real advertising will come directly from Heritage not form somebody posting things on the internet. However thanks for the positive response.

One quibble:

I'm pretty sure "Shaller" is actually spelled "Schaller".

Other than that they look pretty good.

Needs a picture in an ad of the guy who does the top shaping with the giantic belt sander though. That operation is the one that stuck with me most.

Archived