Heritage Owners Club

Brent's custom H-137DC

buelahbones

Not impressed. As with all of the photos posted over the past few days, I don't see quality.

I see years worth of clutter and dust. I see old tools that have not been cleaned, calibrated, or cared for in years.

I see Pontiac (oops). I see Oldsmobile (another oops).

I see MI manufacturing at it best.

NO COMMENT..Let's not head down that road, OK?

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well, I've said my peace, you'll hear no more of this from me! (LH575 quietly walks to the corner and puts his dunce cap on).

Best of luck with the guitar Brent! Post some photos when you get it.

This is probably one of the coolest threads Ive seen on any guitar forum.

Thanks Katie and the guys in the pics.

You are exactly the people I want to make the guitars I buy.

For some reason I feel like ordering a new 535....with 555 in lays... all the way up the neck......Seth Lovers....a burst with some warm, vintage hue..... :)

+1 .. :D

( I promise to quit ranting.. It's about the Guitar!!! )

My earlier post was meant to be two things:

1. MOST important, a compliment to Katie, whose post I thought was both funny and a very thoughtful and effective comment about recent HOC discussions. Smart and funny --most cool.

2. A call for civility. That I suggested technology and scientific management are winning doesn't mean I'm a fan. I'm decidedly not, but I like to think I can converse with those who are. I guess I'm a "big tent" HOC'er.

Glad we're back on track. Great post, great pics, great guitar in the making, great interaction between a co. and its supporters. Hey LH575, get out of that corner and come join the party.

first, thanks to Katie&co. for the fun & smiles :)

OK,

Tell me why that's not a H-150DC....

that's what i'm wondering. this appears to maybe have a carved top w/a rim of 2" and symmetric double cut (and a beaut in progress, of course) - so, an H150DC? w/goldy hardware and binding everywhere an H157DC?

the Heritage Guitar website has a couple errors in the 137 & 137DC specs - rim thickness is listed as 5/8" - oops.

the H170 is a carved top DC w/a rim thickness of 1 5/8" (website spec).

my 137 measures about 1 1/2" at the neck to 1 5/8". i'm guessing the 137DC is the same (i see two out there: one @ Jay Wolfe's (which he's offering at a terrific deal IMHO, btw), one at Bananas in San Rafael, not far from here)

or maybe it's "just" an "H170BR" :D

first, thanks to Katie&co. for the fun & smiles :)

that's what i'm wondering. this appears to maybe have a carved top w/a rim of 2" and symmetric double cut (and a beaut in progress, of course) - so, an H150DC? w/goldy hardware and binding everywhere an H157DC?

the Heritage Guitar website has a couple errors in the 137 & 137DC specs - rim thickness is listed as 5/8" - oops.

the H170 is a carved top DC w/a rim thickness of 1 5/8" (website spec).

my 137 measures about 1 1/2" at the neck to 1 5/8". i'm guessing the 137DC is the same (i see two out there: one @ Jay Wolfe's (which he's offering at a terrific deal IMHO, btw), one at Bananas in San Rafael, not far from here)

or maybe it's "just" an "H170BR" :D

Brent said it has a flat top...

The neck angle and top differ from the 150 to 137 with the 137's top thinnin from the neck pups down towards the bridge and base also acts like a arm cut. The bridge pickup is higher than the neck as the top slops down as a ramp. A carved top is thicker in the center, not a plank.

I was just sitting here reading this entire thread from beginning to end, and I got to chuckling. Can you even imagine something like this eminating from the folks at Gibson - lol - never happen. Heritage has real people and real guitars IMHO.

Brent said it has a flat top...

The neck angle and top differ from the 150 to 137 with the 137's top thinnin from the neck pups down towards the bridge and base also acts like a arm cut. The bridge pickup is higher than the neck as the top slops down as a ramp. A carved top is thicker in the center, not a plank.

just so. if i enlarge the pic below the one w/Brent, looks like first line on the sticker says "137 DC Curly Maple top..."

so, it's an H-137DCBR (or BH) :)

Well, I've said my peace, you'll hear no more of this from me! (LH575 quietly walks to the corner and puts his dunce cap on).

Best of luck with the guitar Brent! Post some photos when you get it.

John C. posted a quote last week, in another thread about playing, that there are no bad notes, only bad resolutions. LH's post here, I think, precludes any sort of bad resolution to a wonderful thread, which has, maybe, a clam or two. This is classic HOC. Thanks LH; thanks Katie! Great fun, great vibe, this one....

John C. posted a quote last week, in another thread about playing, that there are no bad notes, only bad resolutions. ...

Steve Kirby (aeolian on TGP & elsewhere) has one of my all-time fave sigs:

"There are no such things as wrong notes, there's only the look on your face."

:)

rock on, Katie&Crew

John C. posted a quote last week, in another thread about playing, that there are no bad notes, only bad resolutions. LH's post here, I think, precludes any sort of bad resolution to a wonderful thread, which has, maybe, a clam or two. This is classic HOC. Thanks LH; thanks Katie! Great fun, great vibe, this one....

Big smile - and classic Yoslate as well. I sense a skilled teacher's experience bringing a group back to center at times... very nice, Rob. You don't reside at the top of a mountain, long beard, long flowing robes do you... :D

Yes yes - +1 on the thanks to Katie, LH, et all!

(LH, just joshing on the nut... was going for mounds bar... :)

or maybe it's "just" an "H170BR" ;)

it is (unoffically) a H 137 Deluxe CMDC....Vince, Jim and I cam up with that as we were laying down the specs :D

We tossed around H 137 Ultra DC, H 137 Custom DC....those got thrown asside...LOL

Might this have Lollar Mini's?

those got thrown asside..... Just where is that??? ( I believe this is what Yo is asking..)

in the trash can...LOL

it is going to have Fraulin Hum-canceling dog eared P-90s

t is going to have Fraulin Hum-canceling dog eared P-90s

Oh, I do believe that will be a VERY popular choice around here... It is setting up to be a tone-monster.

And what sweet agony to have it being made so close by... Just down the road , at the old 225 Parsons St. plant.

I want to see more pics of the gang playing hockey with Brent's new guitar. ;)

It would be good to see them playing hockey with the finished guitar, then we could see how nice the guitar is.. I wonder what else would enhance the look of a guitar - maybe shoveling snow with Kuz'z 535?? :D

It would be good to see them playing hockey with the finished guitar, then we could see how nice the guitar is.. I wonder what else would enhance the look of a guitar - maybe shoveling snow with Kuz'z 535?? :D

Hey, Hey, now....

Remember that guitar is "My Precious"!!!!!

MYPreciousjpg.jpg

it is going to have Fraulin(e) Hum-canceling dog eared P-90s

Is that so you can get that elusive "woman tone"? ....... :D

What made you choose Fralins? I have a Fralin HB 8.3 that I like quite a bit. But that is my only foray into his pickups.

Archived