Heritage Owners Club

Brent's custom H-137DC

buelahbones

I have Fralin's in my basses and in a tele. I think he's been really working on how to preserve single coil sound in a pickup that bucks hum. I don't know about the P-90, but many of his designs are based on the idea of a split coil, like the Fender Precision pickup.

Another outfit where, if you call on the phone, Lindy picks up. ...and, he also offers, or at least use to offer, a service such that if you buy a pickup and you decide you'd rather have it a bit underwound or overwound, you can send it back for a rewind.

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Is that so you can get that elusive "woman tone"? ....... :unsure_mini:

What made you choose Fralins? I have a Fralin HB 8.3 that I like quite a bit. But that is my only foray into his pickups.

LOL

i chose the Fraulins because Paul told me too.... :huh:

...he suggested them because of the hum-cancel feature with high gain, i thought for high gain that would be a nice plus!!

LOL

i chose the Fraulins because Paul told me too.... :huh:

...he suggested them because of the hum-cancel feature with high gain, i thought for high gain that would be a nice plus!!

I do admit to being an influence on the choice of pickups ..

btw Brent that green looks cool on your 137DC, the six coats should be dry in time for St Patricks Day :unsure_mini:

:o

Lindy Fralin just makes some of the best pickups anywhere. I have P-92s in my Prospect and in my Sweet 16 (which surprises many people).

Great choice Brent....no wonder you didn't keep my 137....it wasn't fancy enough, especially when the delivery was at McDonald's!

• 1 year later...
Guest HRB853370

This is one of the best threads ever-prior to my joining the forum, so glad I took the time to read it, everybody on here is a real hoot!!

Archived