Heritage Owners Club

Brent's custom H-137DC

buelahbones

With all jokes aside your guitar looks great and was not harmed in the making of this. I personally delivered it to Patrick and he was eager to get painting on it...............

post-475-1263337349_thumb.jpg

I hope you like seafoam green.......

Sounds like the typical disclaimer at the end of the safari movie where pretty much all of the magnificent animals you saw during the flick came to grizzly ends. "No ASPCA.. no animals were actually harmed during the shooting of this movie"

Just waaayyy too funny... Thanks for taking the time out of your day to share this with all of us.

We all know that Brent deserves the bestest 137DC ever (this is the 1st one right.. so maybe that's not actually too hard?). Maybe I need to start saving up so I can buy it off him when he decides to sell it (in about 2 months..) :blush:

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Sounds like the typical disclaimer at the end of the safari movie where pretty much all of the magnificent animals you saw during the flick came to grizzly ends. "No ASPCA.. no animals were actually harmed during the shooting of this movie"

Just waaayyy too funny... Thanks for taking the time out of your day to share this with all of us.

We all know that Brent deserves the bestest 137DC ever (this is the 1st one right.. so maybe that's not actually too hard?). Maybe I need to start saving up so I can buy it off him when he decides to sell it (in about 2 months..) :blush:

Something about your own custom Heritage that is a kind of harder to part with.....

Actually I wouldn't know how hard it is, I have (and never will) part with any of my Custom Heritages!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Not impressed. As with all of the photos posted over the past few days, I don't see quality.

I see years worth of clutter and dust. I see old tools that have not been cleaned, calibrated, or cared for in years.

I see Pontiac (oops). I see Oldsmobile (another oops).

I see MI manufacturing at it best.

Not impressed. As with all of the photos posted over the past few days, I don't see quality.

I see years worth of clutter and dust. I see old tools that have not been cleaned, calibrated, or cared for in years.

calibrated? like what? their necks and bodies are hand and template carved. what kind of calibration do you need there? reminds me of just about every work shop i've ever seen. kinda like my guitar/amp tech's place. Kinda dirty and old looking. Lotta dust around. Also a lot of vintage amps that most people around here would kill for.

Every guitar I take in for a setup comes out perfect. I ain't complaining.

Something about your own custom Heritage that is a kind of harder to part with.....

Actually I wouldn't know how hard it is, I have (and never will) part with any of my Custom Heritages!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm with you.. I can't imagine parting with my Heritage's. Take my kid (please).. but not my guitars..

But I do like to tease Brent. Don't know why specifically.. Maybe its because he's so NICE.. and I just can't stand that!

SERIOUSLY, YOU ARE JOKING right?

I am really giving you the benefit of the doubt here.

You meant to use a smiley emotional icon right?

I mean YOU ARE JOKING, RIGHT??????????????????????????????????

This comment seems hostile on a forum ( and thread like this ) and of course negative in a passive aggressive way.

I guess it's best to ignore it.. someone has a different option than I do obviously....

This comment seems hostile on a forum ( and thread like this ) and of course negative in a passive aggressive way.

I guess it's best to ignore it.. someone has a different option than I do obviously....

Your last method worked beautifully ( and I am running out of Heritages to post after your pics of the Heritage plant!!! :blush: )

Oh that is awesome!

Working in the factory is fun!! The story and pics were funny, thanks for throwin that up there.

That's great you guys know how to chillax and have fun.

(\__/)

( >.<)

(")__(")

I think someone may have forgetten a an evil grin or something here.

This stuff's made in New York City???

. . . Get a ROPE :Þ

LH575, you're going to make Kuz angry and we all know we don't want to make Kuz angry.

...then go buy a Gibson and let us know how that turns out for ya!

JEEEESSHHHHH!!!!

Maybe I need to start saving up so I can buy it off him when he decides to sell it (in about 2 months..) :)

thats the thing about ordering a guitar like this, fresh out of the gate.....i made sure it had everything i wanted, because there is no way i could ever sell it in todays market without taking a HUGE LOSS

i know you were kidding...and i dont intend to part with it :D

its kinda funny....i have had a '59 burst replica on order from the fella that built my green "lizzy" guitar. it is slated to be finished soon. this whole "custom ordering" my own heritage has made me have a change of heart and i'm seriously thinking about selling the 59 and ordering a new H 157. Ron is a great guy and im sure it will be a great guitar....but seeing the kind of attention and quality that is being put into the guitars at 225 Parsons St., has opened my eyes to what is REALLY important....supporting a company that cares about US, THE HOC!!!

EVERY TIME i go down there....Ren, "so how many members on the HOC now?".................Vince, "we really do appreciate what you guys do on the HOC"..........Bill, "so brent, how are things on the HOC"........and many more!!!!!

Sure it is nice to support a local builder...but gosh, that kind of brotherhood between an organization and the factory.....what could be better????

I experienced that too both when dropping by with the 575 and at the PSP (tour and gathering).

That's a sweet looking guitar and a collection of in-process photos that show your new baby and the personalities behind it. You lucky dog! :)

Thanks for these pics and post, Katie. I'd been sort of second guessing my impulse buy of another Heritage this week (because of my finances, not the guitar), but any doubts vanished with these pics, and, if I can both enjoy a cool instrument and spread some awareness of the company, that's two for the price of one. I want stuff made in a place where the craftspeople can take a minute to play, and can poke a little fun at themselves, because I think we all should have the ability to be people at work, and not just "hands."

I fully understand the point of those who focus on the benefits of technology and "scientific management," and I wish those guys didn't get flamed around here. What's the point? Clearly, that is the direction manufacturing is going, and I can't see any logic in pretending otherwise or not recognizing the strengths of a different model of production. I also understand the frustration of those who shell out bucks for guitars with silly flaws --and I read in Katie's post that the Heritage folks do too.

Clearly, people sometimes make mistakes, but people also connect, and think, and play, and make aesthetic decisions that machines cannot make, and Brent's guitar, as he said in his post, will be priceless to him.

Again, not at all to diminish the aggravation that some have experienced, or to question the legitimacy of airing complaints, but I think Katie has (brilliantly --this is the most inspired idea for a guitar co. ad campaign I've seen in years) put the whole "nut" contretemps in a larger perspective, at least for me. Now I have yet another reason to smile every time I open the case of one of my Heritage guitars.

fully understand the point of those who focus on the benefits of technology and "scientific management," and I wish those guys didn't get flamed around here. What's the point? Clearly, that is the direction manufacturing is going, and I can't see any logic in pretending otherwise or not recognizing the strengths of a different model of production.

It's kind of like going on a thread where someone has a new puppy, and has vids posted , and everyone is expressing their love and joy .... and posting that the puppy is ugly and not being trained correctly. And you think that the puppy will grow up with bad manners and the only way to help the puppy is your method of training. We are all living in the joy of the moment and are supposed to agree that the puppy is ugly and if it's posted over and over , maybe we will agree that the puppy does need your training method...

I did see a pic of the Epiphone factory in China and it was spotless. Maybe it is the wave of the future. And maybe that's why these pics speak to me. It sounds like you enjoyed the start of the thread , as we all have, and maybe can see why constantly suggesting things that aren't going to happen and are viewed as loosing a bit of the human touch, doesn't receive a warm welcome.

This is probably one of the coolest threads Ive seen on any guitar forum.

Thanks Katie and the guys in the pics.

You are exactly the people I want to make the guitars I buy.

For some reason I feel like ordering a new 535....with 555 in lays... all the way up the neck......Seth Lovers....a burst with some warm, vintage hue..... :)

I would guess either a joke or a test to see the amount of flame produced. LH575 is member # 60. Started the Heritage quality thread and stated in there that 3 of the finest quitars he ever laid his hands on were Heritage. My .02

And , of course the top is very evenly flamed... It will be really , really interesting to see what finish will be on this new one....... :)

Like Fred, that cap surely looks interesting to me. I have been trying to use my imagination to "see" what that flame will look like when finished. Can't wait to see it finished off. I'm in the minority in that flames don't do a lot for me, but I have a feeling yours may be special never the less.

LH575, you're going to make Kuz angry and we all know we don't want to make Kuz angry.

I'm not (nor was I) angry at all.

More like I was in shock.

I guy post picks of his new guitar, the wonderful employees take time out to give us some fun & pleasure, and someone takes a dump on the thread.

Again, I hope and truly feel it was a joke.

Let's get back to appreciating the original intent of this topic.

GREAT guitar Brent and GREAT fun Katie & the gang!!!!!!!

Archived