Heritage Owners Club

Let's see some Solid Bodies...

fxdx99

With all the posts of cool solid body NGD 'round here, I've been picking up the 150-style guitar a bit more. One thing that's so much fun being a guitar player is the variety of sounds one can get from the 'main five' designs (150-like, semis, hollows, T, and S-styles) and the variants thereof. Each model (to me) just seems to bring out different styles, diferent approaches to tunes. I suppose the 150-style is the guitar I least select for gigging being naturally drawn more towards semis/T-styles of late, but every time I pick up the 150 I get that smile with it's fat/thick sounds. Been plugging into a 5e3 and getting lots of fun sounds and continue to be surprised on how different each of these guitars is. The '83 LP very percussive and smooth in it's sound, very Dickey Betts sounding, with the 150 much more modern/focused with more distinction between the notes on chords. I find it very interesting how 2 very similar guitars can provide such different sounds...

Anyway - some pics. And since I'm too lazy to go hunting around the gallery, please Show Me Your Solids!

heritagehoc019.jpg

heritagehoc021.jpg

heritagehoc014.jpg

Being mostly a semi-hollow and archtop player, I too appreciate the sonic phatness of a solid body once in a while.

Here are my two Heritage mahogany/maple brothers.

H150CM Ultra:

heritageh150pearlguard3dz0.jpg

H157 Custom:

heritageh15710.jpg

Here's my recently acquired 157, It's coming along slowly but surely to what I'm looking for. This pic was taken on the day I got it. I never liked the trans black finish til I saw it in person, now, at least on my 157, it's one of my favs. Also have a 150, no pics handy.

GL2-10033.jpg

As my own body has become less and less solid, so have my Heritage guitars. I have one that looks like a solid body, but under it's awesome exterior lies a semi-solid construction, much like my own. :)

post-461-1272788633_thumb.jpg

Anno 1986, This is how it looks like with minihumbuckers. I think they are going to stay.

A couple of days after the pup. replacement, I replaced the the capasitors with "bumblebees".

That really made a difference. Sweet sound with a lot of bite.

Archived