Heritage Owners Club

Day dreaming about a more 'hollow' sounding semi-hollow. What do you guys think?

Jazzpunk

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think the pic from the NAMM is not showing a thicker 535 because at that thickness, you'd need a 4x4 to make it semi-hollow. My guess its a Custom verison a 575 that mirrors the 555.

I am guessing that it is indeed a 535/555 but with a floating center of some depth (to, at very least, stablize the anchored bridge) due to the bridge being anchored. If it was a true hollow like a 575 then you would likely see a floating bridge.

I guess you could have a true hollow with an anchored bridge... but that'd be one thick top!

So... that is my guess. Floating center block.

This has actually been a thought of mine since seeing it in the Heritage catalog as a black 555.

I'd likely get something like this with P90's.

Beat me to it.

...better yet the 576 with a center block like Yoslate (Rob) has.

Late to this thread. Did a quick A/B with my 535 and my 576. John's on it. The 576 (which in addition to being 2 3/4" thick is also a single cutaway) is much more woody and airy, and a bit richer than the 535. The 576 approaches a hollow (such as my Super Eagle) much more than a 535. Hadn't played the 576 in a little while, and I'd forgotten how really great it sounds!

The H-576 was a semi hollow body with the same rim thickness as the hollow 575 ... 2 3/4"

http://web.archive.o...r.com/products/

http://web.archive.o...models/H576.htm

post-328-0-29351800-1311772476_thumb.jpg

So is the only difference between the H575 and the H575 Classic the Seymour Duncan pickups on the classic as opposed to Schallers on the standard?

Looks like what Big Bob has is the H575 Mahogany with a non cut and no pickups. (I covet this guitar.)

They are... and they aren't. wink.gif

To me, that is the beauty of it. Everytime a jazz song is played by adept players (to be read as 'not me'), it is wholly unique.

'I'm slowly warming up to some jazz..Not the "where the hell is the melody" kind, but some of the more modern smooth jazz..I guess purists would probably say that's not real jazz, but music at least to me has to at least flirt with a melody, if you know what I mean.. I'm even producing a smooth jazz program on the radio station..

'I'm slowly warming up to some jazz..Not the "where the hell is the melody" kind, but some of the more modern smooth jazz..I guess purists would probably say that's not real jazz, but music at least to me has to at least flirt with a melody, if you know what I mean.. I'm even producing a smooth jazz program on the radio station..

I've been really digging the song "Stormy Monday" which is a blues song, but it sounds a lot like Jazz to me....

I've been really digging the song "Stormy Monday" which is a blues song, but it sounds a lot like Jazz to me....

Check out 'Midnight Blue' by Kenny Burrell. That's the record that started me down the jazz rabbit hole!

DUDE, can you at least TELL US when your beautiful guitars are for sale. How many times have I cried Dibbs and never get a heads up that they are on the market???!!!!!

You crack me up man. You've got it baaaaaaaaad! ;)

I am guessing that it is indeed a 535/555 but with a floating center of some depth (to, at very least, stablize the anchored bridge) due to the bridge being anchored. If it was a true hollow like a 575 then you would likely see a floating bridge.

I guess you could have a true hollow with an anchored bridge... but that'd be one thick top!

So... that is my guess. Floating center block.

This has actually been a thought of mine since seeing it in the Heritage catalog as a black 555.

I'd likely get something like this with P90's.

Why is everyone pretending this is not the new 'Jazzpunk 555' model?! :D

Whatever it is, I can't wait to hear it in action! If it's at PSP, please get some audio recordings and all the specs.

Why is everyone pretending this is not the new 'Jazzpunk 555' model?! :D

Whatever it is, I can't wait to hear it in action! If it's at PSP, please get some audio recordings and all the specs.

More I look at it, I think it is a thicker 530 dressed up like a 555.

Well, free jazz is a different animal, and much of that, I agree. I find it unlistenable. I remember a free jazz thing at Georgia Tech a number of years ago. It wasn't discernable as music. It sounded like they were tuning up... and doing a poor job of that.

Then... there is also the time I saw the West Georgia jazz band play and they were very good. They never lost sight of the tune even with their improv.

You know what some say about "free jazz": it ain't free, and it ain't jazz...

You crack me up man. You've got it baaaaaaaaad! ;)

I'm just saying I'd like to know when something is on the Market..... instead of Marty's hidden black market...

Well Marty's Market made me another happy customer. Got the 530 MartyGrass mentioned in this thread and I can't put it down (I could, but someone might take it). I like the humbuckers in the 530. It is a great combination....

Another fine transaction in underground Heritage market hear on the board. Had several great experiences on this board, buying, selling, trading. Hoping to get my collection displayed like Kuz's above.

I had read on a Gibson thread that they had only made 5 330's from the factory, with humbuckers.The Guy wanted a lot !... I think it is great that Heritage puts out cool guitars for a Reasonable pirce. Gotta quit ranting and start practicing for the PSP Friday.

• 2 weeks later...

A friend of mine has an Ibanez FA-500 from the '80's that has the stock pickups, yet really has the chunk, chunk sound that big band guitarists have, when it is played acoustically. They can be picked up on e-Bay and elsewhere for around $1,000 in EXC. They're laminate, but have a very woody sound. Also, it's only around 2.75" thick.- Charley Bevell, Bloomington, IN

A friend of mine has an Ibanez FA-500 from the '80's that has the stock pickups, yet really has the chunk, chunk sound that big band guitarists have, when it is played acoustically. They can be picked up on e-Bay and elsewhere for around $1,000 in EXC. They're laminate, but have a very woody sound. Also, it's only around 2.75" thick.- Charley Bevell, Bloomington, IN

Your friend's FA-500 probably has Ibanez Super 58 paf pickups in it. Those pickups sound amazing!!

Your friend's FA-500 probably has Ibanez Super 58 paf pickups in it. Those pickups sound amazing!!

Has a Kenny Burrell sound to it, whether amplified or not. Yes, they're the early 58's, he told me last night.- Charley Bevell

Archived