Heritage Owners Club

Why Order a CUSTOM Heritage?

Gitfiddler

With such great, well thought out, handmade guitars available from our friends on Parsons Street, why would anyone order a one-off, custom job? :P

The more appropriate question might be: Why did.... Although I think Kenny has already provided the answer!

a gratuitous question deserves a gratuitous response! :P

and, a picture is worth many words . . .

DSC00564a.jpg

Damn, that blonde 530 is cool!

Yes, it is a gratutitous question, but as noted in the sub-text, I'm calling on my fellow enablers.

I've been thinking about something new...and unique for the harem. :P

a gratuitous question deserves a gratuitous response! ;)

and, a picture is worth many words . . .

DSC00564a.jpg

AW Jeez..Quit Torturing me would ya? :P

Silly question in my opinion. (please don't take it personal).

Why? Becasue for same price as any other new one you can get..... your color, your wood preference, your weight preference, your tuners preference, your inlay preference, your pickup choice, your neck dementions.......

There may be a modest custom fee, but all you are mostly waiting for is 12-15 weeks!

I have ordered 4 customs and the satisfaction that I PERSONALLY spec'd out my guitar is not something that can merely be described, but felt as well!!!!

OK, a better response from me. If I knew exactly what I wanted in a guitar and I knew of a reputable dealer or seller that had just recieved one from Parsons St. with those exact specs into their possession, I would probably be happy to purchase that guitar from that dealer. In fact I might prefer to buy it under those circumstances in that I could see it and even play it before making the decision to buy it.

In my case, I wanted some features and a finish somewhat out of the ordinary and became convinced quickly that I'd have to order what I wanted through a dealer ( Jay Wolfe ) from Heritage. The process went off without a hitch. Jay was very helpful, I ended up with exactly the guitar I had asked for, and I do feel an extra boost from knowing that this guitar was made for me.

How's that for enabling ?

Tal

This is why i did....

IMG_3203.jpg

IMG_3210.jpg

IMG_3202.jpg

IMG_3196.jpg

Is there still snow on the ground in Michigan? :P

Silly question in my opinion. (please don't take it personal).

Why? Becasue for same price as any other new one you can get..... your color, your wood preference, your weight preference, your tuners preference, your inlay preference, your pickup choice, your neck dementions.......

I have ordered 4 customs and the satisfaction that I PERSONALLY spec'd out my guitar is not something that can merely be described, but felt as well!!!!

Speaking as one who enjoys that feeling every day...BINGO! Brent and eljay make compelling arguments, as well. Hope we're helping make this easier, Tim.... By the way, what's the plan for getting this one past Mrs. Gitfiddler? Thought she'd laid down the law? :D

There may be a modest custom fee, but all you are mostly waiting for is 12-15 weeks!

Modest is an understatement! I have made several inquiries with 'small' shops over the past year and their prices are at least double what Heritage charges before any customizations! Wait times are way long as well.

Okay. Here're my two. And why? because I liked the guitars in general. And the few customizations really didn't cost me anymore than stock. In fact, my Prospect came in under a stock Prospect I had looked at earlier. How's about that? Plus, HoC members get specialized attention. I mean, c'mon, who else is going to do that for you?

Prospect Custom:

custom-prospect-fullfront.jpg

Miliie NFH:

2008Millie_kle.jpg

quote name='big bob' post='107043' date='Jun 17 2010, 09:23 PM']P1010023-1.jpg

P1010025-1.jpg

Think of this as just two more reasons

I LOVE the Psychedelic Popscicle!! :DB)

With such great, well thought out, handmade guitars available from our friends on Parsons Street, why would anyone order a one-off, custom job? :D

Well, let's see... There's this guy who lives out west that ordered a three-lung 157 which came out drop-dead gorgeous! I tried to pry it from his hands and saw the furor and love that one obtains with a custom specked guitar. So I tried it...

gallery_771_97_179699.jpg

And I liked it.

That's why...

Because I can. All of mine were custom ordered. Along with the new

one I just ordered. B)

Again??? You, Sir, are addicted to beautiful, warm sounding guitars!

EDIT: By the way you two. What are you planning?

Well, let's see... There's this guy who lives out west that ordered a three-lung 157 which came out drop-dead gorgeous! I tried to pry it from his hands and saw the furor and love that one obtains with a custom specked guitar. So I tried it...

gallery_771_97_179699.jpg

And I liked it.

That's why...

Again??? You, Sir, are addicted to beautiful, warm sounding guitars!

I have seen this one and it is a beauty! Custom all the way.

Archived