Heritage Owners Club

Back in the Heritage Fold

Keith7940236

I've been without a Heritage guitar for the last couple of months while waiting for my Eagle to be built. In the mean time I've been working on a project with Jacques' VIP 2 Body and a "new" 1986 neck that Marv found somewhere in the Heritage factory building. I've posted previously about how the parts for the guitar came together, and now the project is complete. I just got it back from The 12th Fret in Portland, Oregon where I had the neck attached, the frets leveled and polished and the wiring re-worked. The heel of the neck actually required a little shaping to make the angle correct, the luthier wanted to do that as the final product would be better than shimming.

I was looking for a solid body a la Ted Green or Ed Bickert and couldn't be more pleased. I had the guitar strung with Chrome 12 flatwounds and it delivers beautiful, complex jazz tones in spades. I'm playing it through a ZT "The Club", which I believe has very nice cleans. With the treble backed off, the tone is full, warm and lush. I'm in the process of completing a KBP810 Princeton Reverb that will, I'm sure sound even better.

The best thing about the guitar is the neck. The rosewood is beautiful, the action is extremely low and the frets are perfect. I don't think that I have ever held a more comfortable neck,

It needs a little polishing to really bring out the finish, which I will get to, In the meantime, here are some photos that I took this morning.

Thanks Jacques!!!

DSCF2349_zpsb57d3bc2.jpg

DSCF2351_zps74909d59.jpg

DSCF2352_zps94358dd4.jpg

DSCF2360_zps16cd1452.jpg

DSCF2363_zps08bd1326.jpg

DSCF2366_zps6fcc0e1a.jpg

DSCF2354_zps47ac24f7.jpg

I've been without a Heritage guitar for the last couple of months while waiting for my Eagle to be built. In the mean time I've been working on a project with Jacques' VIP 2 Body and a "new" 1986 neck that Marv found somewhere in the Heritage factory building. I've posted previously about how the parts for the guitar came together, and now the project is complete. I just got it back from The 12th Fret in Portland, Oregon where I had the neck attached, the frets leveled and polished and the wiring re-worked. The heel of the neck actually required a little shaping to make the angle correct, the luthier wanted to do that as the final product would be better than shimming.

I was looking for a solid body a la Ted Green or Ed Bickert and couldn't be more pleased. I had the guitar strung with Chrome 12 flatwounds and it delivers beautiful, complex jazz tones in spades. I'm playing it through a ZT "The Club", which I believe has very nice cleans. With the treble backed off, the tone is full, warm and lush. I'm in the process of completing a KBP810 Princeton Reverb that will, I'm sure sound even better.

The best thing about the guitar is the neck. The rosewood is beautiful, the action is extremely low and the frets are perfect. I don't think that I have ever held a more comfortable neck,

It needs a little polishing to really bring out the finish, which I will get to, In the meantime, here are some photos that I took this morning.

Thanks Jacques!!!

DSCF2349_zpsb57d3bc2.jpg

DSCF2351_zps74909d59.jpg

DSCF2352_zps94358dd4.jpg

DSCF2360_zps16cd1452.jpg

DSCF2363_zps08bd1326.jpg

DSCF2366_zps6fcc0e1a.jpg

DSCF2354_zps47ac24f7.jpg

I really like the way this turned out! If I were to own a bolt on neck guitar, it would most certainly be a Heritage!

That is one beautiful finish on that guitar. Congratulations, I'm jealous. That is so different and gorgeous. Nice pick in your choices.

Anxious to hear a sound clip or a video..... hint hint.

Looks nice all the way around - the rosewood neck, the humbuckers, the body finish... I had a Stat with a neck like that - it's more like a Gibson Explorer or Firebird than Fender. The Stat's neck was incredible.

Archived