Heritage Owners Club

What is this guitar's story? White Dove

MartyGrass

A friend of mine recently bought this off eBay. It's a 2010 build with 4 wire Seth Lovers and two way mini toggles.

It looks like it had a Bigsby on it when it left the factory but now has a Maestro tailpiece.

Does anyone know what the background is on this guitar? Thanks.

IMG_1244_zpsfcaaf09d.jpgIMG_1243_zps5fe9504a.jpgIMG_1242_zps77f75f3b.jpgIMG_1240_zps6fa76a33.jpgIMG_1239_zpsd90ea10b.jpg

I was told that there were 3 variations of this guitar. they were custom ordered through wolfe. the 1st one was completed and the buyer refused it. the second one was completed, he refused it....and then a 3rd one was made.

I think #1 belongs to Kenny....Mark, I think you have #2.

I'm not 100% sure that I have the story complete....but its something like that

A friend of mine recently bought this off eBay. It's a 2010 build with 4 wire Seth Lovers and two way mini toggles.

It looks like it had a Bigsby on it when it left the factory but now has a Maestro tailpiece.

Does anyone know what the background is on this guitar? Thanks.

IMG_1244_zpsfcaaf09d.jpgIMG_1243_zps5fe9504a.jpgIMG_1242_zps77f75f3b.jpgIMG_1240_zps6fa76a33.jpgIMG_1239_zpsd90ea10b.jpg

I WANT THAT GUITAR!!!!.................and the chair too.

that is pretty interesting I wonder why the original buyer refused 2/3 gtrs?

it appears to be a white 535? or maybe 555

I like it, it looks pretty neat

one of the reaosns I bought my white millenium eagle is because it reminded me of Neil Young's Gretsch white falcon

That looks sweet, I prefer nickel and chrome over gold any day!

Agreed, and minus the VIP switching

Since we're talking about personal preferences, I pipe in.

I don't need the mini toggles. I do like the split blocks or maybe abalone inlays. Black binding would look cool.

I have not had a bad experience with Maestro tailpieces. They allow some gentle bends. Mine could hold tuning okay. Nonetheless, I'd go for a stop bar.

Either gold or nickel seems okay. Gold is a little warmer. Those of us subjected to fierce winters, represented by the white, might feel some hope from gold, which looks like sunshine. The metaphor falls apart when you add the dove. I have never seen one of then in a snowstorm nor as a herald of spring.

Regardless, this is a nice looking guitar.

An earlier variation.H555-Custom-20_zps1c355030.jpg

That would be my ideal 555 custom build minus the mini-toggles.

But I thought I read here on the HOC they no longer do opaque white, at least on this type of guitar?

The two toggles are coiltaps, it really is a perfect setup with HRWs.....VERSATILE

I really like the D-VIP set up, I have it with HRWs on my 555, and I completely agree on the wonderful versatility it adds to an already versatile guitar such as the 555.

But from a purely ascetic perspective on that particular guitar with those particular cosmetics, I am not wild about the visual impact they add, IMO, YMMV.

Having said that I would take that Beautiful guitar in a second if it was offered for sale.

"Those of us subjected to fierce winters, represented by the white, might feel some hope from gold, which looks like sunshine. The metaphor falls apart when you add the dove. I have never seen one of then in a snowstorm nor as a herald of spring."

hilarious!

These look a lot like Alex Lifeson's ES-355, and I just assumed the original buyer was a major Rush fan.

As soon as I opened the thread and saw it I immediately thought Lifeson. I'd crank that one through an old Marshall and play By-Tor until my ears bled.

Archived