Heritage Owners Club

what's your favorite amp?

5 hours ago, JeffB said:

1981 fender concert. Its just worked for me for 37yrs regardless of what sort of music I used it for.
When I sold off all my amps after working my way through them all I was surprised It was the last one standing. I only use the clean channel.

Light bulb moment amps were, a little JTM45 head, a Deluxe Reverb and a AC30 and AC15. Once I heard them at volume I couldnt un-hear them.
I did sell them though.

Mesa ElectraDyne. Absolute stand out as far as sounds. But, too big, too loud.

4 hours ago, Gitfiddler said:

Mid-80's Concert amps are sweet rigs.

I LOVED mine and still miss it.  The only reason it was sold was due to it somehow getting heavier over the years.  Or maybe I got weaker over the years??  :icon_scratch:

There are three amps that still haunt me.

1) - Robert LaFond's Fender Concert.  He dropped it off at the wood shop for a cherry cab.  I played it after finishing the cab; whoa...  I've seen a couple on the bloc at astronomical prices.

2) - Bad Cat Cub II.  I don't know why but I traded it for an amp that should have sounded better.  Life is riddled with failures.  This was one of mine.

3) - Marshall Bluesbreaker (1964?).  It sounded too good for the price so I walked; big oops.

• Upvote 1

On 9/10/2022 at 8:12 PM, Steiner said:

There are three amps that still haunt me.

1) - Robert LaFond's Fender Concert.  He dropped it off at the wood shop for a cherry cab.  I played it after finishing the cab; whoa...  I've seen a couple on the bloc at astronomical prices.

2) - Bad Cat Cub II.  I don't know why but I traded it for an amp that should have sounded better.  Life is riddled with failures.  This was one of mine.

3) - Marshall Bluesbreaker (1964?).  It sounded too good for the price so I walked; big oops.

Hmm, I was at Huber Breese on Saturday.  They had a vintage Concert combo, 60's Deluxe Reverb, Champ, and a 70's Bandmaster head/cabinet.  Some tasty Fender tube goodness.... 

7 hours ago, DetroitBlues said:

Hmm, I was at Huber Breese on Saturday.  They had a vintage Concert combo, 60's Deluxe Reverb, Champ, and a 70's Bandmaster head/cabinet.  Some tasty Fender tube goodness.... 

Enabler alert!

Dog-gone it.  That's mean.

• Upvote 1

Earlier on this thread I mentioned my favorite amps but I need to update that list. I have a bit of an obsession with the early Fender Pro amps. The 5a5 amp with 15 horse power and the smooth cone 15” Jensen. I really cannot buy a real one as they are a little pricey but I am having aspirations to build one. 

Just now, zguitar71 said:

Earlier on this thread I mentioned my favorite amps but I need to update that list. I have a bit of an obsession with the early Fender Pro amps. The 5a5 amp with 15 horse power and the smooth cone 15” Jensen. I really cannot buy a real one as they are a little pricey but I am having aspirations to build one. 

+1 on Fender Pro amps.

My first real amp (excluding the Vibro Champ) was a 60's Fender Pro 1x15.  That was the later 40 watt version Pro.

For gigging I also connected it to a matching Fender 1x12 extension speaker.  That was my 'chittlin circuit' and USO rig.  Man, that thing could bark!!

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

Years ago,  the other guitar player in our band had one of these.   His YBA-1  was a beast, and sounded great.   My poor little Guild Thunderbird was running wide open just to keep up.   I have often thought about grabbing one.   There's one available locally that has been recapped and had the power cord replaced.  Only $900, but I have no clue where I would use it anymore!

00r0r_1AX6S830jZ9z_0CI0t2_600x450.jpg

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Here is Clapton playing through a Traynor. I believe it was a YBA3 though?

That's John Lennon & Yoko Ono behind him. Yoko's just climbed out of the bag.

clapton_TO.jpg.060a190cb60f63bf0af3a955ab22f420.jpg

16 hours ago, bolero said:

That's John Lennon & Yoko Ono behind him. Yoko's just climbed out of the bag.

Because that's where you keep your yoko.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2