Jump to content
Heritage Owners Club

All Activity

This stream auto-updates

  1. Past hour
  2. At 24:50 of the video you will see Rob. He gets maybe two seconds tops of this video- no more. I point this out as an example of the incredible talent Heritage has. Of course Pete Farmer is a seasoned excellent luthier. Rob has been a luthier building solid bodies, flattops and archtops for decades. He also is a master in designing and building pickups. An entire video of an interview with just him could take up an hour easily without being boring. He's rewired creatively severaly guitars for me without breaking a sweat. The talent Heritage has is impressive. I have been in the plant since the Gibson days. IMO, the factory has never run better from a quality perspective. That is not to say Gibson and early Heritage didn't make masterpieces. They did, of course. Nowadays the consistency seems to be very high. Dogs and borderline instruments don't appear to make it through. We should be proud of and grateful to these guys. I'm impressed.
  3. Today
  4. Licks belong to those who can play them.
  5. Or could just learn all the licks Clapton stole from the masters, especially Albert King
  6. Nice H150, I'd like to hear some recordings of this guitar and your band.
  7. I use MIDI to switch preamps all of the time. However, the Egnater/Synergy stuff is already MIDI so it was not too tricky to set it up. In my acoustic rig I also use MIDI to switch IRs in my line 6 powercab. I use a really nice Martin D-28 IR and a Gibson Loar mando Ir.....I switch instruments hit a button and I get a different preset in the PC. I am an old guy and back in the 80s I stupidly thought MIDI was just for keyboards. I learned of quite a few applications for guitar and stubbornly learned how to set it up but in no way can I do all of the things I know it can do.
  8. Yesterday
  9. I'm waiting til they model the smell of a warmed up tube amp modelling amps are bad for your heart, the more you play the more you fart
  10. Does Heritage make a semi-hollow with a solid top? PS - Nice snatch bolero.
  11. Thank you. Amp wise live I use either a 40W Marshall DSL or a 50W Fender Champion II. I've always been a "purist" hence for me it was "tube amps or die", however(!) few months ago I went into a shop with a couple of friends that needed to buy some gear, we went with our ladies so we would all go for a drink or snack afterwards, and while a was there my lady pointed to a Fender amp that she thought looked practical, kinda small and portable....? I have to admit that I've never been partial to Fender amps, Marshall being my lifelong #1 favourite, plus this thing was a modelling amp (yuk!!!!) but as I had time to kiil while my friends were trying stuff out I gave it a try and I was really surprised! In the past I tried many modelling amps/units and always found them lacking a bit in sound and response to your playing; the audience won't be able to tell of course but it's how it feels to the player that matter as that's what we react to. Anyway, as I said I tried a lot of modelling gear, including some top of the line/very expensive stuff, but this humble, cheapo Fender (£220 only!) beat them all!!!! I set it on the "60s/70s Marshall" mode and let me tell you it sounds as good but it feels 100 times better than stuff costing 10 times more! I keep getting complimented on the sound and bear in mind that with this show we play specialised clubs and venues and their audiences are very discerning, but they only see that I'm plugged into a Fender amp and that's enough for them! It doesn't sound like a Marshall, it sounds different same as a Vox or an Orange would sound different, but it sounds & feels great! So yes, it's either the Fender or the Marshall, depending by my mood, while on the floor I have just an early 70s Cry Baby into an Overdrive pedal, either a Fulltone Fulldrive II Mosfet or an Ibanez TS808 DX. Then, let it rip, but not quite as Leslie Nielsen intended!
  12. Last week
  13. Beautiful! some of my fave music too keep us posted on the shows what amp/gear are you using live?
  14. Saw this doc on PBS featuring both Heritage and Kal-Tone guitars: web link https://www.pbs.org/video/guitar-makers-in-kalamazoo-ljajem/
  15. Have to look into this with concerns being cost of the convertor itself and an adaption to latch a TRS plug. The Voodoo Lab Control switcher is about $180 and would do the job but this would be something like a $180 dollar single amp footswitch and that sounds a bit much to switch a single amp when I already have the non-MIDI footswitch to begin with. Thanks for giving me something that might work.
  16. So you want to control everything in that rack with a MIDI controller? and the GT amp has no MIDI input? try a MIDI to CV converter & hook it up between your controller & the GT amp I'm assuming you want to save configurations on your main controller, then have it send commands to multiple rack units via MIDI
  17. If I want to change channels, I have to unplug from the first and plug into the second. No rack, no midi. Just a pedal board and a chord to the amp. I found the RP355 to be confusing... having a rack system would scamble my brain!
  18. That is the same end game for me. Getting there, though, is a little more involved. Did an Amp and MIDI controller for my Sr Design Project while in undergrad at Purdue. Everything was designed, fabricated, and coded from scratch, so I had to get familiar with the entire system in order to get the grade. I was kind of really hoping to shorten that cycle a bit with something closer to ready-made/off the shelf.
  19. You lost me at Midi...I just plug a guitar cable into an amp.
  20. Sorry, I cant help. That all looks really great. I want stuff like that. The thought that I had while I was reading your post was - if I had that sort of question, I would ask mars_hall.
  21. When I ask this, I do not mean who sends MIDI commands that are decoded by the amp at the end of the path, but rather are decoded by a device that converts the command to discrete TRS or TR signal levels that are plugged into the amp's 1/4" footswitch jacks. I know Voodoo Lab makes the Control Switcher for this function, but was hoping to find a less expensive alternative. Disaster Area Design makes a solution more geared to signaling pedals via smaller TRS cables that are not footswitch output jacks but rather replacements for the much larger 5 pin DIN connector. In other words, the same MIDI command is transmitted through a smaller physical interconnect yet it is still undecoded from a footswitch input point. I would be OK with a solution that did the decode and put the signal levels out on a 5 pin DIN connector, as this is what my Groove Tube Trio preamp can accept as an alternatie to the the normal 1/4" jacks. See the 5 pin DIN foot switch connector below. What I am working on... The intellifex processors are gone with a TC Electroni G-Major/2 in their place. What do you know and/or use? Thanks in advance
  22. Earlier
  23. Yeah I thought that was funny Whoops!
  24. Yeah, whatever........I just couldn't pass up the pedal for the price. It's mostly in the fingers anyway......
  25. I dont normally watch this sort of stuff but I watched this the other night when it came up as a suggestion. The twist at the end was really funny.
  26. It was my 2017 H150, but the 1998 H535 just came home yesterday and changed everything.
  27. It's all personal preference and even that changes over time. I used a TS9 for many years until I played Pete's Boss Blues Driver. The TS9 was replaced. I like the balance of the Blues Driver vs the mid bump of the Tubescreamer. I've got a V2 Route 66 and a Soul Food that are sitting on the shelf.
  28. I thought this was funny, Phil X, who is normally not a Klon guy, picked the Behringer as his second favorite in this blind overdrive shootout!
  1. Load more activity
×
×
  • Create New...