Heritage Owners Club

My H-150 Gets a Makeover

ExNihilo

Holy Crap, I go out of town for a couple of weeks and this topic generated more post Than Patrick and BoB's Thrilla in Minilla. It was like reading "War and Peace". It was good right up to where the Obama Shit started then it kinda lost the mojo. First I bet everyone over age of 40 in this group has played or owned a Gibson including myself. Let's get over who has the best guitars. I will also bet the is not one of us who would not want to own a 58 or 59 Paul. I have tried twice to buy a KM Model Gibson to no avail. I just got a Standard that I bet one of the Heritage guys built. I own 3 Heritage and to me yes they are better than Gibsons since they moved. I have watched Scotts Youtube clips long before he ever posted here to get help on a 83 I refinished. He does great work but like Kuz said until you play it Don't endorse it or bash it. As far as Redneck or Reddick or whatever your name is it's ok to defend a friend but as far as calling Kuz a Douche that's as far as wrong as you can be. Patrick on the other hand is a different story. See Patrick whom I've never met would make a great Firefighter. See we are all Douches in the Fire Dept but only we are allowed to say that about each other, so until you own a Heritage Keep the Name calling and Personal attacks for the Youtube comment section. If you don't like this Post Go find somewhere else to be. This is for Musicians not WWE wanna be's. Oh yea Damion my friend says EAT THISpost-2267-010334200 1290388171_thumb.jpg

"Patrick, on the other hand is a different story"???? Do you want to explain that comment??? It's not good to call Kuz a douche bag but "Patrick on the other hand is a different story"?????? You wanna help me understand that??? This thread went incendiary .. . then calmer heads prevailed. The thread was fine. Then you come back after a weekend away a say stupid shit like that???? The bull shit section of this thread was over!!! You are much appreciated for bringing it back.

• Replies 300
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So, now you're gonna apologize? Well, I for one refudiate your apology .... . . and I would expect someone to repudiate my refudiation!!!

Don't worry . . . it's all good man. No one died. This thread took myriad twists and turns . . . and it all remained civil. (I'm trying to block out redneck . . . or redking . . . or who ever the hell he was . . .and also trying to block out my mild response to his post).

Hell, we even had some guy say the he believed that our current President was center right. Anyway, I guess that guy must have been from San Francisco. Hey. . .. rj . . . where are you from? I mean philosophically. ;) But, even though this should have been on the Family Tree, it's all in good fun. Hey mark555, when are we gonna start singing those English tunes and yelling for another pint???

not apologizing for what i said but where. just trying to be an observant netizen hereabouts.

geographically from Southeast Iowa, and long-time resident of San Jose area. philosophically, maybe somewhere amongst Thomas Merton and Howlin' Wolf.

(& mark555 i'm a big fan of Steeleye Span's "Below the Salt")

"Patrick, on the other hand is a different story"???? Do you want to explain that comment??? It's not good to call Kuz a douche bag but "Patrick on the other hand is a different story"?????? You wanna help me understand that??? This thread went incendiary .. . then calmer heads prevailed. The thread was fine. Then you come back after a weekend away a say stupid shit like that???? The bull shit section of this thread was over!!! You are much appreciated for bringing it back.

He was paying you a compliment, Patrick. I think.

I was saying you and I have the same attitude about the things people say here. IT was not said as a insult to you as you can see by the way I said you are alot like all the FF's I work with. We stand up for each other and we do for other members here. Sorry If you are offended I didn't know there was a time limit on Post. I will make sure I never use your name again.

I was saying you and I have the same attitude about the things people say here. IT was not said as a insult to you as you can see by the way I said you are alot like all the FF's I work with. We stand up for each other and we do for other members here. Sorry If you are offended I didn't know there was a time limit on Post. I will make sure I never use your name again.

It appears I have misinterpreted your words. My apologies. I believe I am becoming a little overly defensive on this forum . . . . as most of what I say seems to be taken as arrogance and pomposity. 602a . . . I deeply regret misunderstanding your words. I guess I've got to lower my guard and be more open to commentary before I assume that it is intended to hurt me. Please accept my sincerest apologies.

He was paying you a compliment, Patrick. I think.

Mark: Yeah . . you were wise enough to read the entire reference. Wish I did the same. I kind of went all stupid in the middle of it. Some where around . . . "you can't call Kuz a douche a douche bag, but Patrick on the other hand is a different story". I took it totally out of context. I can see now that 602a was trying to say something nice about me. I guess that happens so infrequently I'm not used to receiving it appropriately.

The language comments are interesting and not at all negative..

I was just commenting on the sudden appearance of political commentary that popped up.

It's not a usual thing in the Heritage section here.... and invites the usual arguments that we see in the Family Tree section.

Yes, I agree with you about politics, you can start falling out with people over that one without any effort at all - best kept at bay for me.

It appears I have misinterpreted your words. My apologies. I believe I am becoming a little overly defensive on this forum . . . . as most of what I say seems to be taken as arrogance and pomposity. 602a . . . I deeply regret misunderstanding your words. I guess I've got to lower my guard and be more open to commentary before I assume that it is intended to hurt me. Please accept my sincerest apologies.

No apology needed.

common greeting in New Orleans, "where yat?". i love it

In Kentucky, it,s "where you from... at?"

Mark: Yeah . . you were wise enough to read the entire reference. Wish I did the same. I kind of went all stupid in the middle of it. Some where around . . . "you can't call Kuz a douche a douche bag, but Patrick on the other hand is a different story". I took it totally out of context. I can see now that 602a was trying to say something nice about me. I guess that happens so infrequently I'm not used to receiving it appropriately.

I think it is an accurate reference, "Patrick on the other hand is a different story", you are kinda unique. You are a different story. Kinda like a super hero, Defending the defenseless, helping the helpless and so on. I don't think anyone would argue that.

About the Alex Skolnick article (Gibson Revolution) , what did you all think about the Gibson President smashing a Gibson SG to make a point regarding the new revolution?

About the Alex Skolnick article (Gibson Revolution) , what did you all think about the Gibson President smashing a Gibson SG to make a point regarding the new revolution?

I will again say....

It was a show for his investors. Sales are down in most sectors of the economy and Gibson must have hugh fixed costs. Telling them we just developed the next technology is better than job layoffs and a focus on red ink. Does anyone here think Gibson is selling every guitar they produce?

Regarding Gibson sales. Not to mention the losses incurred from the Nashville flood. My understanding is almost everything in the factory was thrown away as unusable. They were offering big discounts on inventory as well as completely stopping all giveaways for the year. Its tough all over, especially, in the high end guitar market. Not exactly a life choice.

Guest HRB853370

Let's get this thread back on track. Post some more pictures when you can. I'm anxious to see the final result.

conorb

I agree, there could be a dozen or more new threads that should have been started from the digressions that took place from the OP's original thread. It's formally called "thread hi-jacking".

OK, who in their right mind would take a perfectly good Heritage H 150 and cut it up and rebuild it into something that no longer resembles an H 150?

Oh wait, seems like a fellow that had the initials L.P. did that to some of the guitars that he received from Gibson back in the 40's to personalize them to his own taste!

Not a new concept!

There. Thread is back on track.

Guest HRB853370

He called you a firefighter, take it as a compliment!

Guest HRB853370

Yerrr soooo sensitive dude!!!

• 3 weeks later...

Looks good, great color. I hope it plays and sounds as good as it looks.

That is beautiful, no doubt.

Regardless of the politics of the headstock.. the end result came out very nice.

Congrats on a great job of getting it completed ( and thanks for the update ) and I trust that it certainly floats your boat. It is a beauty.

Well, it is done. And I must admit. It does "float my boat."

Rf2.jpg?t=1292008999

RF3.jpg?t=1292009497

RF4b.jpg?t=1292009524

Sincerely, Scott

It's absolutely beautiful!! I love the color. Let us know how it sounds. The ones with the better color and finish always sound better ;) I'm trying so hard not to say this but . . . . please consider cutting a new pick guard for a better fit. Bring the end of the pick guard down to the end of the bridge pup ring . . . and cut tighter fitting pockets for the pup rings. I know . . . I know. ..I'm an ass hole for pointing that out. But that beauty deserves a better fitting pick guard

Guest HRB853370

It's absolutely beautiful!! I love the color. Let us know how it sounds. The ones with the better color and finish always sound better ;) I'm trying so hard not to say this but . . . . please consider cutting a new pick guard for a better fit. Bring the end of the pick guard down to the end of the bridge pup ring . . . and cut tighter fitting pockets for the pup rings. I know . . . I know. ..I'm an ass hole for pointing that out. But that beauty deserves a better fitting pick guard

Forget the pickguard all together. Show off the wood.

Good looking LP 150 non-standard, like the color much.

Did you refret? I noticed the nibs were not covering the ends and the ABR-1 looks like you widened the treble hole and the tail piece base side is sticking out some. Other than that super nice.

liked the original color better and putting the "les paul model" on the headstock is in very poor taste, IMHO. And what exactly was "clown burst" about that guitar? the original un-faded LP models were CHERRY SUNBURST, and were cherry red on the edge. The dye fading was a defect that was later corrected.

Guest HRB853370

liked the original color better and putting the "les paul model" on the headstock is in very poor taste, IMHO. And what exactly was "clown burst" about that guitar? the original un-faded LP models were CHERRY SUNBURST, and were cherry red on the edge. The dye fading was a defect that was later corrected.

I gotta agree with ya Tbone, I like everything he did, but first thing I noticed was the Les Paul Model inscription on the headstock, which kinda conflicts with The Heritage. Why not just put Gibson on it since you are calling it a Les Paul Model. But, to each his own!!

Two comments.

First, this deserves a fresh thread. It's just too long.

Second, I agree with the OP on one of his initial points: That's some fine wood. The fingerboard is spectacular. The finish is very pleasing and not overdone.

I could never, ever do that good of a job.

Having just fit a PG, I believe there's a little too much sky between the plastic. I suspect that you are using the original PG and it couldn't be helped. On the other hand, there's no functional reason the PG has to touch the pup rings and it looks balanced the way it is.

Archived