Heritage Owners Club

NGD: Blonde H157

MartyGrass

This axe has natural beauty. I've chosen some harshly clear photos, not glamour pics. The grain is well developed. Flaming is 3D, so the pics don't do it justice. There are mineral streaks, which are mandatory in a decent top!

It's a 2009 with a bone nut, vintage wiring, and Seths. It's all good.

HeritageLP002.jpg?t=12971029302011-02-07121926.jpg?t=12971029622011-02-07121844.jpg?t=12971029882011-02-07121809.jpg?t=1297103013HeritageLP014.jpg?t=1297103121

Beautiful, beautiful guitar.

That is a stunning top.

These type have a special place in my heart as my main guitar since 1977 was a natural top 3 pu Custom, that I still have today.

And the back of that one looks just like mine. But it doesn't have a top like that, that's awesome.

Dude, that black triple pup 157 is sick. The kid is nice too. Congratulation's on another fine score.

Dude, that black triple pup 157 is sick. The kid is nice too. Congratulation's on another fine score.

Sweet top on that one, Mark. Well done! For my personal tastes, I'd remove the black pickguard and let the top shine through, but what do I know; ALL 4 of my used Heritages came to me without ever having pickguards, so maybe that's just what my eyes are used to seeing.

The seller thought it was 11 lbs. even. Turns out it is a more pleasant 9.8 lbs.

I would take off the PG except for two things. First, I do use it for a fingerrest, although I can get by without it. Second, and more importantly, knowing there are two unfilled holes in the guitar would drive me crazy. It's like taking a Bigsby off and leaving naked holes on the top.

A little OCD I guess.

The seller thought it was 11 lbs. even. Turns out it is a more pleasant 9.8 lbs.

I would take off the PG except for two things. First, I do use it for a fingerrest, although I can get by without it. Second, and more importantly, knowing there are two unfilled holes in the guitar would drive me crazy. It's like taking a Bigsby off and leaving naked holes on the top.

A little OCD I guess.

Hey, OCDs are great pedals! Oh, wait, that's not what you meant... Seriously, though, if you are used to it for a fingerrest, fine, but I removed a pickguard from an Epiphone LP Standard Plus top just for kicks once, and just put the screws back into the holes that were there. It never bothered me, and no one ever asked "Hey, what are those screws doing there not holding anything on?!" haha. Easily reversible.

I took the control panel plate off because sometimes there's a surprise.

The finish is natural, not antique natural. That isn't a shock. The H535 shown above is antique natural and looks quite different.

The top is an Ultra. I didn't know that. Only it was spelled "Utra".

The H157 came with Curt Mangan Pure Nickel 11-48s. Whether it's these strings, the vintage wiring harness or the Seths, it really has a very nice mellow sound.

A little OCD I guess.

I'm sure it would haunt you. Oh, and it's CDO, you know, spelled alphabetically correct, like it should be.

Another one of those "chameleon" wood grains. From one angle it's all flame and tight grain. Another angle and it's very open and wavy. Gotta love the beauty of wood grain. :icon_thumright: Beautiful guitar there, Mister. .. er... Grass

Archived