Heritage Owners Club

Reverb pedals

Guest HRB853370

Guest HRB853370

I have decided I need a reverb footswitch (I have trouble calling these pedals. Pedals are what are on my bicycle...)for my new little Blackstar HT-5, and I noticed with a quick search of Fleabay, Boss has an RV-5, An FRV, an FDR and on and on....

I am looking for a nice vintage spring reverb sound. Can anybody recommend something for me? I like Boss, never had any problems with them, but would consider another brand upon recommendation.

You have a decent effects loop on your amp Will, so you might want to consider picking up a used Rocktron Intellifex. These can be had for $100-$150 and have many more options going for them.

Time-based effects such as delays, reverb, chorus, flange go best in the effects loop as opposed to the front-end where noise can be amplified.

Two 2 cents

Guest HRB853370

You have a decent effects loop on your amp Will, so you might want to consider picking up a used Rocktron Intellifex. These can be had for $100-$150 and have many more options going for them.

Time-based effects such as delays, reverb, chorus, flange go best in the effects loop as opposed to the front-end where noise can be amplified.

Two 2 cents

Thanks Mark-might be a little more than I can afford right now. I used to have a Boss multieffects box, but sold it a while ago. I probably would not use 3/4 of the effects that they have. But I do like some reverb while playing. Yeah, the fx loop is sweet on that amp.

One of the guitar mags had an article about the Holy Grail. I've read a fair bit of hype over the years but this one stuck in my head to the point that I started researching. When KBP810 came along with a tube driven reverb unit, my search and subsequent research ended in bliss.

just saw the new TC Electronic Hall of Fame (in Premier Guitar). just might be the ticket for quality & price: http://www.tcelectro...all-of-fame.asp

brand new, so look for Youtube-age

Looks interesting, $150 on Amazon. here is a you tube clip.

I'm way behind the curve gear wise, how do the good reverb pedals compare with my beloved Fender spring boxes?

I also will mention the Electro-Harmonix Holy Grail which I've use for several years. My original version is a shiny slanted box, but now I see that it is sold in the compact Nano form. Also, E-H sells a Plus version.

I'll second everyone who's endorsed The Holy Grail. I had one for a while to use with a Top Hat combo. Closest thing I've heard to a Fender tank. I'll also agree with Tim about the DigiTech Digiverb. It has a variety of types (plate, spring, room, hall, church, gated, reverse), and adjustments for level, EQ, and decay, as well as two "outs," which I use for running two amps at a time. It's a really useful unit, and I think it always sounds just fine! Mine is permanently on my pedal board.

Guest HRB853370

I am going to try out a Boss Fender 63 Reverb box with the COSM modeling first. I should definitely check out the Holy Grail, especially on recommendation from Mr. Holy Grail himself, Rob Yoslate!

The only way to get a vintage spring sound is with a spring and a tube to drive it. IMO you need a reverb tank for that, otherwise I have never heard a pedal that compares. They are big and pricey compared to a pedal but possible you can find a used fender reissue or something like it.

Guest HRB853370

The only way to get a vintage spring sound is with a spring and a tube to drive it. IMO you need a reverb tank for that, otherwise I have never heard a pedal that compares. They are big and pricey compared to a pedal but possible you can find a used fender reissue or something like it.

I hope to prove you wrong when I get this Boss Fender 63 Reverb box. The modeling technology is incredible today and can fool the most discriminating ears. I hope I am correct! Not only that, it makes getting good reverb affordable.

You know, there's also a guy on here that can build those too ^_^

2011-01-13200228.jpg

Guest HRB853370

I guess it all matters on how much you're willing to spend.

Ain't got much $$ these days. Tell me about this KPB810 reverb deluxe unit. Or put up a pic of it too. And if you cant discuss price publicly PM me on that too. I am just curious, who knows down the road.

'Tis a tube driven spring reverb unit :)

I have one of these KBP810 units that was A/B'd with a Kendrick unit (Gerald Webber ~ Kendrick Amps - loves to copy, then upgrade Fender circuits). Let's put it this way; if you want a used Kendrick unit, I'll be happy to sell it to you but you'll be paying more for it than a new KBP810 reverb unit :aggressive_mini:.

Looks like I'll have to list the Kendrick on the web elsewhere...

The KBP810 unit is the best reverb available shy of a $2k price.

Edit:

SS - you'd be surprised how economical they are.

I have one of these KBP810 units that was A/B'd with a Kendrick unit (Gerald Webber ~ Kendrick Amps - loves to copy, then upgrade Fender circuits). Let's put it this way; if you want a used Kendrick unit, I'll be happy to sell it to you but you'll be paying more for it than a new KBP810 reverb unit :aggressive_mini:.

Looks like I'll have to list the Kendrick on the web elsewhere...

The KBP810 unit is the best reverb available shy of a $2k price.

Edit:

SS - you'd be surprised how economical they are.

I can say that you'll be very surprised of what remains in your wallet after purchasing a KBP810 amp or reverb unit.

I highly recommend the Hermida Reverb, $99.00 http://www.hermidaaudio.com/

As quoted in Guitar Player

Reverb

A simple and effective addition for non-reverb amps

“…with its superior sound and minimal price, expect the Reverb’s niche to be a large one.” Michael Ross, Guitar Player

Archived