Heritage Owners Club

Show Your Kissin' Cousins

Gitfiddler

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Picked up my 91 LP today for first time in a long while--I've been all heritage lately, and I love it!!!...HOWEVER, the LP sounds good and has been a good friend for a long time. Her (LP) twin lives in NJ w/ a buddy's mom...a buddy who convinced me that I could add playing guitar to being a drummer. We bought the LPs together--twins! Not to get all sappy--but my buddy lost his life in a car accident only a few years after we bought the twins. I still play the LP and remember him and the twin that lives somewhere in NJ, prob in a case under a bed or in a closet. He was a great friend and a great guitarist. I can't imagine a gibby ever being comperable to a Heritage IMO---but it was and is really good to play the twin--she really sounds good....and will always be a good friend. (sorry abt the dime store novel--just good to remember and appreciate once in a while)

I still need to take a family photo, but here's a pair I've had for quite some time ('92 535 & '96 Eagle Classic):

535-EC.jpg

I've had the H-535 since 1994, the Eagle Classic since 1996.

And, the newest family member, but the elder of the lot ('90 150):

H-150-1.jpg

Seriously, though, you guys have some great-looking guitars....... :icon_thumright:

Guest HRB853370

Picked up my 91 LP today for first time in a long while--I've been all heritage lately, and I love it!!!...HOWEVER, the LP sounds good and has been a good friend for a long time. Her (LP) twin lives in NJ w/ a buddy's mom...a buddy who convinced me that I could add playing guitar to being a drummer. We bought the LPs together--twins! Not to get all sappy--but my buddy lost his life in a car accident only a few years after we bought the twins. I still play the LP and remember him and the twin that lives somewhere in NJ, prob in a case under a bed or in a closet. He was a great friend and a great guitarist. I can't imagine a gibby ever being comperable to a Heritage IMO---but it was and is really good to play the twin--she really sounds good....and will always be a good friend. (sorry abt the dime store novel--just good to remember and appreciate once in a while)

Heritagefan-I can relate to your story, and also being a drummer who tried (and is still trying) to add guitar playing to my repetoire! If you are in G'ville SC and a drummer, you must know Freddy at Palmetto Music! Freddy is a friend. I also can relate to your best friend losing his life. I lost my best friend in 2009 through first degree murder-the trial may finally take place in a few months and I get to relive it all again. This may not be appropriate to ask, but who was your friend survived by and do you surmise they are keeping the LP in his memory?

Heritagefan-I can relate to your story, and also being a drummer who tried (and is still trying) to add guitar playing to my repetoire! If you are in G'ville SC and a drummer, you must know Freddy at Palmetto Music! Freddy is a friend. I also can relate to your best friend losing his life. I lost my best friend in 2009 through first degree murder-the trial may finally take place in a few months and I get to relive it all again. This may not be appropriate to ask, but who was your friend survived by and do you surmise they are keeping the LP in his memory?

I know Palmetto b/c they used to be a Heritage dealer here in Greenville--don't know Freddie though. I hear their drumming epuipment is top notch. My friend was a Navy budddy (lots of years ago) and his mom kept the guitar at the time. Pretty sure she kept it in his memory--great guy. So sorry to hear about your friend--hope proceedings move swiftly and well for everyone. Sorry abt messing up the feel good stuff--I'll play through w/ some SRV/Living Color/Chuck Berry or maybe some Boogie Chillin' and move on!

I'll play. The kids got out of the pool for about 20 minutes to eat, so I shot these in a real hurry, sorry they aren't great shots.

Summer2011023.jpg

The above headstocks and bodies below are my 1988 H-170, My 1994 Gibson Les Paul Classic, and my 2001 H-155 Millenium.

Summer2011020.jpg

The next two are my 2006 Gibson ES-335 Memphis Reissue, and my 2002? Trans-Cherry H535

Summer2011019.jpg

Summer2011015.jpg

Then there is THIS thing; talk about an ugly headstock! haha. It IS a blast to play, though, and LIGHT!

Summer2011031.jpg

Summer2011028.jpg

IMG_7913.jpg

Is that a Vandenberg? USA one or the import? I was this close >< to buying a USian built one about six years ago. I couldn't, for the life of me, figure out what I'd do with a shredder like that, though. HAHA.

Is that a Vandenberg? USA one or the import? I was this close >< to buying a USian built one about six years ago. I couldn't, for the life of me, figure out what I'd do with a shredder like that, though. HAHA.

LOL...i still cant figure out what to do with it... :icon_biggrin:

Its a USA custom model...oh and its a Vandenberg, neck-thru, maple board...its a screamer!

I was waiting for that pic! Thanks for sharing Brent! I just noticed the neck PU on the NOS Gibson is further away from the neck than the Heritage. Is it supposed to be that way or does it make a sonic difference?

i dont know why the ES 175 neck pup is not up farther? here is another one ferom the same era....i can still get that fat, creamy tone out of it but i may roll the tone back a bit more.

53es175case3.jpg

I just noticed the neck PU on the NOS Gibson is further away from the neck than the Heritage. Is it supposed to be that way or does it make a sonic difference?

I'm probably wrong about this but I think the neck pickup often sits around the place the 24th fret would be. I can usually get a harmonic right over the neck pickup on any of my guitars.

I'm probably wrong about this but I think the neck pickup often sits around the place the 24th fret would be. I can usually get a harmonic right over the neck pickup on any of my guitars.

That't true. With the ES175 being a 20 fret guitar it sets the neck pickup off the end of the fretboard a bit. I never cared for the look, and might have moved it up towards the neck. You can't argur with the historical accuracy though.

You are correct once again, sir!

Archived