Heritage Owners Club

Show Your Kissin' Cousins

Gitfiddler

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Don't ask me to pick a favorite. It's not possible.

How do the two compare in tone? Any difference? How about weight?

How about headstocks? (Kidding!)

MG~ The 68 reissue Gibby is a bit heavier than the H157 by about half a pound and has a chunky neck and killer tone. (stock Classic 57's).

But the 157's Seth's are chimey, rich and complex in all the good ways I like. And they both are classy cousins.

As far as headstocks, here's a shot of them almost kissin! :love3:

heritagegibsonheadstock.jpg

Guest HRB853370

Just for fun, and not to stir anything up, let's see one of your Heritage gits with one of its 'kissin cousins'.

heritage157gibson68cust.jpg

I'll take the one on the left!

Guest HRB853370

Truley outstanding collection of fine instruments everyone. Does bring a question to mind. Does owning similiar guitars redundant from a tone perspective?

Thank you Blues. In my case, with the 6 pictured guitars, from left to right, the pups are:

Schaller

Seth Lover

SD 59

Classic 57

490R/498T

P-90

So I would have to say no to that question.

Thank you Blues. In my case, with the 6 pictured guitars, from left to right, the pups are:

Schaller

Seth Lover

SD 59

Classic 57

490R/498T

P-90

So I would have to say no to that question.

I can understand the humbucker versus P-90's. Some of the others seem to be very subtle in difference. But, if I can use that excuse to buy more guitars, I'll use it every time!

I have two guitars that are identical except for the color and neck carve (two Hamer p-90 specials). I am still unable to decide what kind of pickups I want to put in one to make it less like the other, or whether I will just move one along.

Guest HRB853370

I can understand the humbucker versus P-90's. Some of the others seem to be very subtle in difference. But, if I can use that excuse to buy more guitars, I'll use it every time!

Your correct, very subtle. But as you said, it makes for a good excuse!

Archived