Heritage Owners Club

KBP810 Reverb Deluxe Amp Demo's

Ok, so a couple months ago, I ordered a custom amp from KBP810. It didn't take him long to make it, just took me forever to get around recording on it. Pardon my lead licks, I've been really slacking lately. Oh, and on one song I was too close to the mic and my singing ended up being recorded. No backtracks or added effects other than what on the amp and my Boss Powerstack ST-2. These are raw demo's. Recording setup is using Audacity and a Blue Snowball 15' away on setting two.

First up, Channel 1, Volume at 4.5, Treble at 4, Bass at 6. Strat in neck pickup.

Mary Had a Little Lamb

Second, Channel 2, Volume at 4, Treble at 4, Bass at 7. Strat in neck pickup.

Stormy Monday

Third, Channel 1, Volume at 4.5, Treble at 4, Bass at 6, OD pedal is a Boss Power Stack ST-2 set at 11 o'clock, Strat in bridge pickup

Stop Breaking Down

Forth, Channel 1, Volume at 4.5, Treble at 4, Bass at 6, OD pedal is a Boss Power Stack ST-2 set at 11 o'clock, Strat in neck pickup

Tore Down

In case you forgot about the amp, here it is again. Can't wait to demo this again with my H-140.

2011-03-29175123.jpg

Sounding good DB, can't wait to hear it with the 140!

You and me both. Those were a couple songs I'd thought we work on. Mary Had a Little Lamb in Em, Stormy Monday in G, Stop Breaking Down in A, and Tore Down in Dm. Wish I had my other pedal working, the knobs are stuck at about 9 o'clock..

TalentBooster.jpg

Nice. Great tube tone...

I liked the Mary had a little lamb alot and LOVED the Tremolo on Stormy Monday.

I am unfamiliar with the Boss pedal that you used, but these type of tube amps love pedals generally.

I'd like to crank it up with some humbuckers. ( and no, I'm not trying to rub it in about your 140 )

Nice. Great tube tone...

I liked the Mary had a little lamb alot and LOVED the Tremolo on Stormy Monday.

I am unfamiliar with the Boss pedal that you used, but these type of tube amps love pedals generally.

I'd like to crank it up with some humbuckers. ( and no, I'm not trying to rub it in about your 140 )

Its got some serious break up past 7, never gets muddy or flubby either. I just perfer preamp overdrive, but I like just a tad bit of natural OD from the power tubes. Since I've only being playing with single coils, I'm sure that humbuckers will really make it rock!

Great clips :) Have you tried miking it up on the speaker?

[hijack]I've put some clips of my Limey amp on the 5E3 Build thread [/hijack]

That would require a much better mic. The Blue snowball is a USB mic and if the amp is too close it will clip like crazy.

I was hoping a few more people had some clips to share. Everyone seems to be buying more amps, but not many are brave enough to share a recording of them. My playing is medicore at best, but didn't stop me! :icon_biggrin:

I love the N*D with clips posts.

I wish I had something new or worthwhile to post. Ive bought a lot of new picks lately...

Also got some new stomps but I hate the sound of them so Im not going to post any of those. ^_^

Your amp sounds great and is nice to look at as well.

I love the N*D with clips posts.

I wish I had something new or worthwhile to post. Ive bought a lot of new picks lately...

Also got some new stomps but I hate the sound of them so Im not going to post any of those. ^_^

Your amp sounds great and is nice to look at as well.

Many props to KBP810 for making the amp just the way I wanted. I picked out the Tolex and grill cloth as well as specified for the Greenback it has. I may change out tubes, but that might only happen if another goes bad. Its a great amp and sounds much better than the modern PCB version Fender has out.

I was hoping a few more people had some clips to share. Everyone seems to be buying more amps, but not many are brave enough to share a recording of them. My playing is medicore at best, but didn't stop me! :icon_biggrin:

Sounds great DB. Like everyone else, none more than you, I can't wait to hear it with the 140. Well done.

KBP810 did right by you. Cool Amp.

Its got some serious break up past 7, never gets muddy or flubby either. I just perfer preamp overdrive, but I like just a tad bit of natural OD from the power tubes. Since I've only being playing with single coils, I'm sure that humbuckers will really make it rock!

+1 on the pre-amp overdrive!! That's da bomb!!

I like those KBP810 amps as well! :icon_thumright: The cab on that looks great. The amp sounds wonderful; nice breakup and plenty of clean :icon_thumleft:

Happy NADs!

No kidding, but I never had a chance to play the D-clone though!

She's sitting here; high atop the pair of Soldano 4X12s. We'll have to get you out here, once the nice weather shows, to take a whack at her :icon_thumright:

Hey - that's a nice demo! Real world with clean sounds, both channels, drive pedal in front, different pickups. Love the 'little lamb' tone, which is one of my fav for DR, that deep lush clean that it gives. Tore down is cool, too - nice drive. So I guess the amp does sound as good as it looks. Nice! :icon_thumright:

Guest HRB853370

Many props to KBP810 for making the amp just the way I wanted. I picked out the Tolex and grill cloth as well as specified for the Greenback it has. I may change out tubes, but that might only happen if another goes bad. Its a great amp and sounds much better than the modern PCB version Fender has out.

This amp is handwired Josh? Wow~! The tolex covering (Clemson Orange) is growing on me.

Archived