Heritage Owners Club

NOHAD

totonka

So I found this slightly used Heritage Patriot 212 45w amp on Guitar Denter. I know it is way too much amp for my ability, but maybe like a big ole pair of shoes to grow in to. But I've read so much positive about them, knowing that they aren't made anymore, I thought I'd give it a shot. This thing is in great shape, and is built hella tough.

DSC_6579.jpg

So, I hire a painter to paint the open 2 story foyer that I can't reach (ok, that I'm too lazy to get a ladder and do myself). He shows up and sees the tweed case that I have for my H127. We start BSing about guitars and I think he's an enthusiast like me. He knows of Heritages, but he's never played one. I invite him upstairs to the magic room, where he proceeds to MELT MY EFFING FACE OFF!!!!!!! (see link) http://vimeo.com/27746890

Turns out, back in the late 80's early 90's, he was the guitar player for an Akron based rock band called Defcon. They played with some notable bands of the time, Warrant, LA Guns, etc., but never achieved the same level of success. Needless to say, he still got the chops.

There's a lesson, kids: for every Slash or Jimmy Page, there are a thousand guys painting houses with their Yngwie hands. :(

Exactly why I don't get crazy with a band thing like many I read on Criagslist. Those clowns really believe they're the next Green Day, Kid Rock, or Aerosmith.. It just doesn't work that way....

Nice amp. Congrats.

Also a cool story and clips.

I worked on lots of construction/mine sites here in WA. Always kept bumping into a lot of the same guys off and on on different sites over the years. Wasn't until I started selling guitars and they came in for strings etc that I new any of them played guitar, bass or drums etc. Some of them are absolute monster players.

Its funny that even though we ate lunch together, worked side by side and even sat down after work and had a few beers together that not once did we even get in deep enough to talk music or guitars. Shows how superficial a work place can be. Im sure we talked about Rugby Union, cricket and fishing and how a few government policies were going to affect our income or job security but never gave away anything about what was our passion. Wasted opportunities.

There's a lesson, kids: for every Slash or Jimmy Page, there are a thousand guys painting houses with their Yngwie hands. :(

True enough. Granted, part of breaking it big is (or can be) about talent, however a lot of it can be as much about luck (or image). Not my type of music, but I have to admit the guy has talent and can play circles around me.

That is a strange story/coincidence.

Nice amp. Congrats.

Also a cool story and clips.

I worked on lots of construction/mine sites here in WA. Always kept bumping into a lot of the same guys off and on on different sites over the years. Wasn't until I started selling guitars and they came in for strings etc that I new any of them played guitar, bass or drums etc. Some of them are absolute monster players.

Its funny that even though we ate lunch together, worked side by side and even sat down after work and had a few beers together that not once did we even get in deep enough to talk music or guitars. Shows how superficial a work place can be. Im sure we talked about Rugby Union, cricket and fishing and how a few government policies were going to affect our income or job security but never gave away anything about what was our passion. Wasted opportunities.

I have discussed interest in guitars to a few non players over the years and they just think guitars are as exciting as their next colonoscopy.

Looks like the Patriot club just got another member. Congratulations on scoring a fantastic amp!

I just got mine from GC also. Either they are clueless as to the true value of these amps or they just need to move stuff.

Either way, it is good for Heritage Amplification fans.

Looks like the Patriot club just got another member. Congratulations on scoring a fantastic amp!

I just got mine from GC also. Either they are clueless as to the true value of these amps or they just need to move stuff.

Its good they are finding homes where they are appreciated for what they are. Some are listed on e bay pretty regularly at pretty high dollar amounts while the occasional good deal is also out there.I didn't have a chance to try one at PSP or any other amps for that matter. Would love to dial one in one day. Interested in that mood control if that is the correct word. And external bias test points, very conveinent.

Its good they are finding homes where they are appreciated for what they are. Some are listed on e bay pretty regularly at pretty high dollar amounts while the occasional good deal is also out there.I didn't have a chance to try one at PSP or any other amps for that matter. Would love to dial one in one day. Interested in that mood control if that is the correct word. And external bias test points, very conveinent.

A lot of them are clueless as to Heritage guitars are too. I think I mentioned this before, but a friend brought his 150 for a possible trade in. The store manger had never heard of Heritage and thought the guitar was worth a couple hundred at best. He wouldn't listen to his employees about how valuable they really are. For those HOC'ers near me, the Canton GC is not a good place to trade in gear. They are real hard ballers with anything they do. I like to walk in, beat up their gear, and walk out with a free guitar pick.

yeahman, good stuff. the MOOD knob controls amount of negative feedback. on my Colonial it makes the diff between a tweed Bassman sound and a Marshall JTM45 sound. i usually find my favorite around 1 o'clock.

Guest HRB853370

How did you happen upon it Tim? I would love to hear the story.

How did you happen upon it Tim? I would love to hear the story.

Well, it was a dark and stormy night. And Southpaw posted a thread on the HOC about a very sexy, yet lonely Patriot, residing in Bakersfield, California. She was picked up and quickly swept off her four metal feet by a tall dark stranger.

http://www.heritageo...__fromsearch__1

post-8-0-82675800-1313891771_thumb.jpg

• 1 month later...

As I noodle around with this amp, I got to wondering, if I had bought it new, would it have come with an owner's manual? I kinda feel stupid for asking, but for those of you who might have bought new, would it? If so, do you have a copy to PDF to me?

I have a Patriot 2x12, bought it used and I absolutely love it. No manual, but that's a good question. I am curious now, too. Congratulations, you simply cannot go wrong with this amp. And very cool story to go with it, too.

I didn't get a manual with my amp either, but I found this on the internet. The most important thing was getting the biasing instructions.

http://dl.dropbox.co...al%20binder.pdf

Yep...that is RJSanders manual...or at least he directed me to it also.

Patriots are amazing!

Check out the rear and interior details!

post-8-0-60726700-1317305808_thumb.jpg

post-8-0-58312500-1317305810_thumb.jpg

Yep...that is RJSanders manual...or at least he directed me to it also.

Patriots are amazing!

Check out the rear and interior details!

yeahman, that's my copy, tho not my website. good to see the manual's available. handwritten notes are mine while on the phone w/the folks in Brentwood. "PaulC" is Paul Cochrane, a great amp designer & builder. "Peter M" is Peter Mather, among the finest cab makers anywhere...

if you were to pull the chassis, you'd see impeccable layout, lead dressing, etc.

:love10:

Yup, sad but true.

Archived