Heritage Owners Club

It finally happened: my first ding.

barrymclark

That's why I love "pre-owned" guitars. They come "pre-dinged"! no more worrying about that first ding, or that first scratch, or the first bit of finish to wear through or start checking. Also has saved me a lot in terms of price, though my maintenance costs have added up.

only one guitar I have that was used was "barely used" but I haven't found anything wrong with it yet, except that like all slab bodied 'hog guitars, it weighs a bit.

Yeah, its kinda like after having sex for the very first time....

Will, it's not supposed to hurt guys the first time. You sure you did it right?

For those of us that didn't make it, how did the Strat go flying? Straplock failure? Failure to have straplocks?

Nope, I believe it was a completely voluntary and intentional action... it was a heavily relic'd worn strat, so I think he was just trying to increase the road-worn value a little more :huh:

I'm always suspicious of a guitar that doesn't have a few nicks in it. That often means it's a dog that never gets played or handled.

My best ones have always had lots of a "character marks."

I beg to differ, my H555 is in my hands all day yet there's not a mark on it :)

What do you do when your 2 year old drags your statocaster across the room by the headstock and creates a sort of low budget relic paint job on the tiles? Not a lot really, I know she was just bringing it to me because she knew I would like to play it. I suppose the moral of the story is never leave a guitar out of it's case when there are children or animals around ...

I lifted my guitar over my head to get the strap off and raised the headstock into a spinning fan. Twice in two years!

Dinged a Millie and a Golden Eagle.

A few years ago, I bought an Epi Les Paul, while changing the pups, I did the exact same thing with the ceiling fan.

DSC04717.jpg

I thought I cracked the headstock as hard as it hit.

So I got rid of the ceiling fan. :lol:

I'm always suspicious of a guitar that doesn't have a few nicks in it. That often means it's a dog that never gets played or handled.

My best ones have always had lots of a "character marks."

My 150 would fall in the "best ones" catagory, some worming, finish is fading in places from sun and sweat, some small dings on the back and around the edges of the body and one monster ding that is also a bad ass scratch right on the top. My fault though I can't put it down and I gig it a lot.

Archived