Heritage Owners Club

Thumbs up or down? Not a typical VSB.

MartyGrass

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I posted this pic a month or so back. One person PM'd me that this guitar is unappealing. I'd like to get feedback on it. Does a quilted VSB look unseemly, good or what?

VSBquilt.jpg

I'm usually not a big quilt fan but this one has a lot of grain going on. I like it.

When is it coming up for sale? :icon_pirat:

There are a lot of people that would like to have an unusual figured top in a VSB finish, I would think.

That is one someone would be proud to play, very nice look. Great top.

It reminds me of Kuz's 150 .. the only other one I've seen like it.

I'm not a quilt fan, Mark, and this pic does nothing for me. The lighting is very harsh. I'd like to see a pic taken in sunlight though, it may bring something out of that top that I'm just not seeing at present.

I appreciate the lumber, just not a quilted top fan. And I'm with Howard. Classic industrial product photography, complete with operating theatre lighting. Part of the problem for me in trying to appreciate this guitar from that photo is that the stark white background makes the binding disappear, and note the trap inlays...bleached out completely! By way of contrast, check out Kuz's photos of his.

Guest HRB853370

I posted this pic a month or so back. One person PM'd me that this guitar is unappealing. I'd like to get feedback on it. Does a quilted VSB look unseemly, good or what?

VSBquilt.jpg

I personally don't care for quilting. And I have seen quilting on many inexpensive LP and PRS copies, so it must be a process that can be done relatively cheaply. I prefer flamed tops and seeing mineral streaks in a top.

This is my VSB. The background isn't as stark and the lighting doesn't wash it out.

My opinion is that this beauty is quite typical of what to expect from Heritage.

DSC02847.jpg

THAT'S what I'm talkin' 'bout! Nice yin!

I personally don't care for quilting. And I have seen quilting on many inexpensive LP and PRS copies, so it must be a process that can be done relatively cheaply. I prefer flamed tops and seeing mineral streaks in a top.

Interesting... they could just be using a super thin veneer, or that foto-flame fake stuff. Quilted Maple is not come by often, and usually comes with a steep price.

I'm a fan of quilt, flame, mineral streaks, heck, even plain wood. Just as long as it's not painted, or covered up by an ugly piece of plastic, then I think most wood looks beautiful.

Interesting... they could just be using a super thin veneer, or that foto-flame fake stuff. Quilted Maple is not come by often, and usually comes with a steep price.

Thats full thickness maple. Just a different cut to flame. No price increase

Archived