Heritage Owners Club

Heritage Guitar Registry

MuDBoNe

Hi, I was wondering if anything has become of starting a Heritage registry? I did a search on this site and found some talk about it a few years back, but nothing since.

Does anyone think it would be a good idea?

I was thinking of maybe trying it. I have access to put up a site, but I don't know if it would be of any interest.

That sounds like a cool idea

Of course this would mean a lot of extra work for Brent trying to catalog every Heritage that passes through his doors :lol:

But in the long run wouldn't that take the pressure off registering the other 3%-5% of the guitars he hasn't owned? :dontknow:

Hi, I was wondering if anything has become of starting a Heritage registry? I did a search on this site and found some talk about it a few years back, but nothing since.

Does anyone think it would be a good idea?

I was thinking of maybe trying it. I have access to put up a site, but I don't know if it would be of any interest.

For Serial number traces and ownership (not to mention stolen/theft/fraud), I think its a great idea. I'd like to know how many owned my '85 140 or the '90 445

I Think it would be cool to see some guitars that were built around the same time or even the same day, based on serial numbers and models.

I agree that a Heritage guitar registry is a great idea!

Also, how about a Heritage AMP registry?

I know there is no direct connection to Heritage Guitars, Inc. (except Zane Lastrow's involvment), but I think it would be a cool thing to track as many of those now discontinued boutique amps.

The gallery here could serve a similar crude function if people were consistant in what they place in their captions.

If the choices in description are not explicitly limited up front to a defined set of possible selections, they will vary all over the place and find less use in search.

As people sell a guitar they are less likely to have an interest in its path away from them and will forego making any changes to update a registry or pass along the information. Look at the Member's Gallery and how many of the guitars are still there though not owned by the original uploaders of the pics. So in reality, registries are a series of non-continuous non-related snapshots of interest in time that waxes and wanes.

I dont understand the function of a registry.

Is it cataloging for the sake of cataloging or is it to provide a sketch of a guitars history for potential future buyers?

Could the information be used incorrectly by dodgy internet sellers?

Archived