Heritage Owners Club

150 and Tull

JohnCovach

Steiner will chirp in here soon..... We saw the guy from Aqualung at a drug store in Kalamazoo in 2009. Bad intent indeed!

JC, is that a Vox 15 or 30 behind you? Thought you'd have to play Soldano for Martin's electric sounds. :) Can't wait to hear clips of these two bands. I like Zep I & II, but there isn't much Tull that I don't like! One of my fav bands of all time. What era are you covering for the Tull group?

Next, you'll need to do a Uriah Heap tribute band, Very 'Umble, Very 'Eavy thru Sweet Freedom, maybe.

Well, you've covered my trifecta. Tull, Yes and Zeppelin. There's more than enough material there to keep any dedicated musician working hard. Best of luck with the dynamic, odd time signatures!

I've got a Marshall Vintage Modern head and 1960a cab for the Tull and Led Zep. That AC15 is for rehearsals and club gigs--it's my favorite combo amp right now. We're doing Tull material up through about Songs from the Wood right now. Lots of fun!!

John, I LOVE that you are using the Cherry Burst 150 for those bands. Super Retro Cool!!!! I had a '69 LP Deluxe that LIKE AN IDIOT, I sold years ago, ARGHH!!!!!!!!!

A lot of people call Cherry Bursts, "Clown Bursts"..... but I just think they don't understand COOL!!!

Here is a pic of my PRS David Grissom Trem (PRS DGT) in cherry burst that when I was on the PRS said I should have REFINISHED??????

DGT_CherryBurst-137888-Front-Full.jpg

DGT_CherryBurst-137888-Front-Body.jpg

Guest HRB853370

I want to know who plays flute and who can sing like Ian Anderson. He had quite the unique voice. JT was the first concert in Detroit I ever attended, Cobo Hall. Or as Dick the Bruiser used to say, "air conditioned Cobo Arena".

I want to know who plays flute and who can sing like Ian Anderson. He had quite the unique voice. JT was the first concert in Detroit I ever attended, Cobo Hall. Or as Dick the Bruiser used to say, "air conditioned Cobo Arena".

"I'll take 'em down to Cobo Hall and teach 'em the meaning of the word Respect!"

John, I LOVE that you are using the Cherry Burst 150 for those bands. Super Retro Cool!!!! I had a '69 LP Deluxe that LIKE AN IDIOT, I sold years ago, ARGHH!!!!!!!!!

A lot of people call Cherry Bursts, "Clown Bursts"..... but I just think they don't understand COOL!!!

Here is a pic of my PRS David Grissom Trem (PRS DGT) in cherry burst that when I was on the PRS said I should have REFINISHED??????

I'll see your clown burst and raise you "140"

gallery_790_192_91897.jpg

Guest HRB853370

Aha--I see it now. What were the others? Some other venue was "acoustically perfect"--was it Ford Auditorium? And then there must have been something to go with Olympia--"conveniently located" maybe.

Fox Theater-Detroit!

Grande Ballroom-Detroit!

I'm one of those guys who doesn't like cherry bursts.... My 140 was converted because I just didn't like it.

Before:

DSC04950.jpg

After:

image001-1.jpg

Guest HRB853370

I'm one of those guys who doesn't like cherry bursts.... My 140 was converted because I just didn't like it.

Before:

DSC04950.jpg

After:

image001-1.jpg

Surprised you have not changed out the tailpiece yet!

I like Cherry Bursts

plus that is what a '59 burst was supposed to look like :D

"skating away on the thin ice of a new day" has always been one of my faves

"too old to rock and roll, too young to die" best song title ever

"My God" great when the band hammers in, must be awesome dynamics live

I tip my hat to anyone who can pull off Ian Andersons vocals & stage presence...wirey medieval minstrel transported forward in time...with marty feldman eyes!!

It's a lot of music to keep under your fingers but so much of this stuff is already in my head--from years of listening--that's it's not so hard to keep up. Playing in multiple projects is really about the only way to keep busy. Performance opportunities have slowed down so much over the years. It used to be that it was hard to imagine being in two bands without conflicts, but now you can be in several and still have too many open dates.

Archived