Heritage Owners Club

NHGD: H-157

Fernando

It arrived today...a beautiful H-157 with HRWs, in mint condition.

I bought some guitars from a guy a couple of years back. He sent me a list of some of his guitars that were for sale, and some others that were not, like this 157 with HRWs.

I was going to buy a Strat from him, but he decided not to sell it in the end. He also had a G&L on the keepers list. I'd been thinking of a new G&L, so I pulled my email exchange with the guy and read about the 157. I wrote him and asked about both guitars: he had not thought about it until then, but decided he could let them go now, so I got both.

Now, if you excuse me...

post-1383-0-79549400-1325901226_thumb.jpg

You know.. I love that OSB and if I had it to do again, I'd want to have a finish like that to show off the wood grain of a fine guitar. Over the years I've somewhat on and off again gone off the look of my black beauty 157, but I have to admit every time I pick it up and give it a strum I instantly remember what I love about that guitar.

Buying a 157 is such a rewarding experience. Enjoy yours.

Man O man Fernando! You've been doing some cherry picking. Another stellar example :icon_thumright:

Fernando, I love ya brother..... BUT that guitar deserves a better picture!!! LOL, ha, ha!!!

I am starting to get jealous of your collection!!!

Wow Fernando, congrats. Santa came late eh?

Actually, Will, this is more like early Santa 2027 or something like that...

Nice... with HRW's and all.

I'm sure that you'll enjoy some playing time with that one. It's cool how 157's are a bit different than playing a 150....so , it's good to have at least one of each. :icon_smile:

You're absolutely right, Fred. I have one of each, this one is quite an indulgence. I absolutely love my Black Beauty 157. HRWs are still a mystery to me, but they're rare and I want to try them out and see. I would hate to find out too late that I like them, and not be able to have at least a set of them. I have another set being installed in my 555, with coil split.

Congrats X2, brother! Enjoy them both!

Thanks!

Lucky dog, having a threesome tonight I assume? Enjoy. 157's are cool.

I agree: 157s are the bee's knees.

You know.. I love that OSB and if I had it to do again, I'd want to have a finish like that to show off the wood grain of a fine guitar. Over the years I've somewhat on and off again gone off the look of my black beauty 157, but I have to admit every time I pick it up and give it a strum I instantly remember what I love about that guitar.

Buying a 157 is such a rewarding experience. Enjoy yours.

Thanks. I am very fortunate to have two of these.

Man O man Fernando! You've been doing some cherry picking. Another stellar example :icon_thumright:

And to think that I had only one (crappy) guitar for the first 15 years of my guitar playing life, and only 2 (the crappy one, and a second crappy) for ten more years. I've been like a kid in a candy store in the past two years.

Ain't nothin' wrong with a minty 157!!

Play it in good health, Fernando.

Thanks!

Fernando, I love ya brother..... BUT that guitar deserves a better picture!!! LOL, ha, ha!!!

I am starting to get jealous of your collection!!!

I agree, photography is not my thing, and none of my guitar shots do my instruments any justice. Use my pictures as a starting point, then photoshop the image in your head and imagine a beautiful guitar: that will give you a much closer idea than to look at the picture I take.

John, I appreciate the comment on my collection. I like it very much and I consider myself fortunate to be able to play such amazing instruments. That said...if I had your guitar collection, I'd throw mine away...:-)

Congratulations on your H-157. HRWs! Yeah!

super cool--congratulations! Nice git--enjoy.

Thanks!

Very nice :) Just wait until you hear the neck HRW, they are AMAZING!

I will write something about HRWs (ha, one more) later today.

Congrats, Fernanado - 2 fine fine guitars. Way to start off 2012 on an up note!

Thanks Randy!

Congratulations on your H-157. HRWs! Yeah!

Thanks!

AWESOME DUDE!!!!!

Thanks Brent!

The H157 is a classy guitar. Period. OSB is a beautiful choice in a finish for it.

One thing to consider in your quest to harness all of the good from the HRW is a coil split on the bridge. That's a cheap mod that may add to your smiles.

The H157 is a classy guitar. Period. OSB is a beautiful choice in a finish for it.

One thing to consider in your quest to harness all of the good from the HRW is a coil split on the bridge. That's a cheap mod that may add to your smiles.

Thanks. I will do that, thanks for the idea, I had not thought of it. Any recommendations for bridge pickup, or is the bridge HRW a good match for the neck one? And yes, what a classy guitar this is!

Any recommendations for bridge pickup, or is the bridge HRW a good match for the neck one? And yes, what a classy guitar this is!

You'll get different opinions for sure here.

I find the bridge HRW too bright with a scalloped midrange. As a Rickenbacker player, you may like it.

I had to lower the pickup way down and roll off some treble for it to be usable by itself. It works well blended with the neck pup. Splitting it then blending it with the neck is also very pleasing.

Fernando that 157 is one classy package, it is a beautiful guitar; congrats.

I see in one of your posts that you have a set of HRWs going into a 555 with coil splitting.

My first Heritage purchase, which eventually brought me to the HOC, was a 555 with HRWs and coil splitting - an awesome combination for tone and versatility, IMHO.

Fernando that 157 is one classy package, it is a beautiful guitar; congrats.

I see in one of your posts that you have a set of HRWs going into a 555 with coil splitting.

My first Heritage purchase, which eventually brought me to the HOC, was a 555 with HRWs and coil splitting - an awesome combination for tone and versatility, IMHO.

Thanks. The H-157 is a fantastic guitar. And it's beautiful, too.

I would like to know more about the split HRWs. I am after tone versatility.

Fernando's new H-157 look familiar? Perhaps the unbleached bone nut will give it away? It is the one BrentRocks sold to me a couple or three years back. I hadn't played it at all, very glad it's found a new home where it will be played.

Cheers to all,

Cryoman

Fernando's new H-157 look familiar? Perhaps the unbleached bone nut will give it away? It is the one BrentRocks sold to me a couple or three years back. I hadn't played it at all, very glad it's found a new home where it will be played.

Cheers to all,

Cryoman

All in the family...

All in the family...

And Cryoman is great to deal with. I can say the same about you, by the way...

Archived