Heritage Owners Club

Hello from a new member with questions.

Comancheplayer

Hi all, just joined the forum in an effort to educate myself as I'm in the market for a new guitar and The Heritage is on the list of possibilities.

Anyway, I'm really considering an H150, for the money these things in my mind look hard to beat. I don't, and have never owned a humbucker guitar. So what started this was a get together with a friend. I played his LP limited color series guitar and fell in love with it. I have never been able to bond with the tone of a HB guitar, but that one got my blood pumpin and now GAS has ensued.

First question, I have looked, and can't seem to figure out what the HRW stands for in the HRW pups. I've been to the schaller site as I read these are schaller pups and don't find anything under that monicker so am I missing something?

Can someone clue me in on their significance? I've read some good reviews, but I do not find any kind of vivid description in the factories words. Just the old, "Hey were offering HRWs' yahoo"!

I did find one jackass from Las Vegas that seems to have an axe to grind with Heritage, his opinion of HRW's wasnt' flattering, but given the rest of his site and how he seems to dislike everyone but himself I think his opinion is out the window. As a former sales man, one way to turn me off is to unabashadley trash your competition. There is a classy way to point out why your product is superior, it's called salesmanship moron.

Sorry for the rant, back to our regularly scheduled program...

Finally, can some of you guys post pics of your Heritages and all they're different finishes. The website doesn't do much of this, the sample thumbnails are a little blah, sorry to say. I don't care what model it is, I just want an idea of what the finishes look like. I'm interested mainly in the VSB, the WSB (wine, and walnut), the CSB, ASB. You get the idea, just post pics, I don't care. It'll be nice to see them all, it'll keep my gas going.

So it was nice to introduce myself and hopefully I will make some new friends here.

TTFN!

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

HRW stands for Heritage Rendel Wahl (sp?). Rendel is a long time Heritage employee, that like the founders goes back to the Gibson days in Kalamazoo. My understanding is that Rendel starts with a Schaller pickup and then works his magic on them, but I'm sure someone with more knowledge will jump in here soon. They are highly regarded here on the forum.

Check out the gallery here for tons of photos.

Guest HRB853370

Hey guy, its Wall not Wahl (thats ok Guitarartman. But that is what they stand for and they are temporarily unavailable. 150 is a good choice, but if you want more schizzle, go for the 157 which is more like a Les Paul Custom. Here is a photo of my alb (almondburst) 150.

Thanks!

post-2130-0-90613500-1326327228_thumb.jpg

Ren is another of the Heritage employees who's time at that plant dates back to the late 50s. He works the final setup on the guitars today, and his 'space' is a cool place to visit when you tour the plant. His nickname is "fret filer" because that was his job when he started at G. His dad was a locally famous musician "Rem" Wall, actually a G-endorsed artist and someone who I watched on Tv as a kid growing up in w. michigan. his show, on local channel 3 was called the Green Valley Jambouree and is a local legend. check youtube clips for Rem Wall (and Ren wall). he was a columbia records artist, and could have been a big national star but chose to stay local and raise his family, shunning the long and lonesome highway that touring musicians have to take to be big (at least back then).

anyway, Ren is a super-cool part of the "Heritage" legacy and an incredible player, to boot. (I think of willie nelson's talent when i hear Ren play)

glad you are considering a H, it's the "real deal'. and when you get one, let us know. a good place to find one is right here on this list, be are all kindred souls here when it comes to Heritage.

welcome

Wecome.

Here's an H155 in ASB (antique sunburst):

sDSC_2584.jpg

And the same guitar from a different angle:

sDSC_2589.jpg

And guess what? The same guitar from yet a different angle:

HeritageH155003.jpg

You'll see lots of ALSB (almond sunburst) finishes here, but ASB's not too shabby either.

Here's a Millenium Ultra Std with HRWs in Chestnutburst

'05 Millennium Ultra Standard

'05 Millennium Ultra Standard

And a H150 Deluxe Ultra in Old Style Burst

'10 H150 Deluxe - OSB

Love 'em both. If I were going to order another, I'd try to round out the collection with a Vintage Wineburst

Happy Gassn'

Blue note your killing me. I have played a few Gibby's, and have been looking at PRS' also. However, I gotta say, nothing gets my blood pumping like the pics you guys are putting up. These are going to be hard to walk away from, especially since I really enjoy the heritage and history behind these guitars.

I'm sure you know that G&L was founded under similar circumstances at the good old original Fender plant in Fullerton, CA. When I started shopping for my strats, I looked at Fenders and they were nice, but once I got my hands on a G&L I couldn't put it down. These guitars just exude real world craftsmanship and soul. Just looking at them gives me the same excitement I had when buying my Comanche which was my first new guitar. My vintage gear was inherited from my grandfather it's great stuff, but I'm sorry Fender and Gibson just don't make guitars like that anymore for the average man.

Ren is another of the Heritage employees who's time at that plant dates back to the late 50s. He works the final setup on the guitars today, and his 'space' is a cool place to visit when you tour the plant. His nickname is "fret filer" because that was his job when he started at G. His dad was a locally famous musician "Rem" Wall, actually a G-endorsed artist and someone who I watched on Tv as a kid growing up in w. michigan. his show, on local channel 3 was called the Green Valley Jambouree and is a local legend. check youtube clips for Rem Wall (and Ren wall). he was a columbia records artist, and could have been a big national star but chose to stay local and raise his family, shunning the long and lonesome highway that touring musicians have to take to be big (at least back then).

anyway, Ren is a super-cool part of the "Heritage" legacy and an incredible player, to boot. (I think of willie nelson's talent when i hear Ren play)

glad you are considering a H, it's the "real deal'. and when you get one, let us know. a good place to find one is right here on this list, be are all kindred souls here when it comes to Heritage.

welcome

Chico this is pretty cool info, oddly enough back in the 50's my grandfather (who's guitars you see in my sig) had a local variety show here in Harrisburg, PA called the "Hayloft Ho-Down". Back in the day he had played with national acts like Genie Shepard, Ferlin Husky, and Buck Owens. Ferlin Husky actually offered him a job at one point to go on tour, and like Rem he turned it down to raise his family.

I don't think you would hear of anyone turning down that offer now a days, times have changed.

Not to worry further about the "jackass from Las Vegas"-he passed away unexpectedly a couple of weeks ago. I guess his website is still up, given that I think his daughter is likely going forward with the business.

FWIW he was very outspoken and controversial, and many folks share your opinion-including me.

Not to worry further about the "jackass from Las Vegas"-he passed away unexpectedly a couple of weeks ago. I guess his website is still up, given that I think his daughter is likely going forward with the business.

FWIW he was very outspoken and controversial, and many folks share your opinion-including me.

Well it's too bad that his daughter has to go through losing her father. I know I dread the day I lose mine.

Rick, if you click on the pics in my sigature they will ENLARGE for you.

The guitars are:

575: Golden Amber

525: Antique Natural

535 P-90s: Vintage Wine Burst

555: Antique Style Burst

150s (x2): Vintage Style Burst

150s (x2): Gold Top

Florintine Golden Eagle: Dark Almond Style Burst

Golden Eagle: Natural

Blue note your killing me. I have played a few Gibby's, and have been looking at PRS' also. However, I gotta say, nothing gets my blood pumping like the pics you guys are putting up. These are going to be hard to walk away from, especially since I really enjoy the heritage and history behind these guitars.

I'm sure you know that G&L was founded under similar circumstances at the good old original Fender plant in Fullerton, CA. When I started shopping for my strats, I looked at Fenders and they were nice, but once I got my hands on a G&L I couldn't put it down. These guitars just exude real world craftsmanship and soul. Just looking at them gives me the same excitement I had when buying my Comanche which was my first new guitar. My vintage gear was inherited from my grandfather it's great stuff, but I'm sorry Fender and Gibson just don't make guitars like that anymore for the average man.

Sounds to me like you've got the mindset to appreciate these instruments. Most, if not all of us here would buy Heritage's over the G-brand even if the G-brand was priced the same as a Heritage.

Welcome to the Club. I'm sure we'll be hearing a lot more from you.

Sounds to me like you've got the mindset to appreciate these instruments. Most, if not all of us here would buy Heritage's over the G-brand even if the G-brand was priced the same as a Heritage.

Welcome to the Club. I'm sure we'll be hearing a lot more from you.

For me, if Heritage was priced the SAME OR MORE!!!

Welcome to the HOC and good luck on your search!

Here is my example of a Vintage Wine Burst:

IMG_0597.jpg

And a close up in more natural light:

IMG_2505.jpg

Wow!

Wow!

Wow again!

I think I saw that top when it was just a slab of wood when I visited the factory last year. I knew it would be special when I saw it wet.

But....wow.

Kuz,

Those 150's are it right there, and they may have answered a question I've had about a lot of the VSB guitars I see. Yours are the first that I have seen that look the way I think they should. It seems a lot of pics of the VSB seem washed out so to speak and the burst isn't real prevalent in the pic. Based on yours, and the fact that I'm sure the craftsman at Heritage know how to get consistent results. Your VSB is really what I'm after, to me that is the ideal SC guitar right there.

One of the negative comments I hear most on other forums is from guys that won't buy a Heritage because, "the headstock is ugly".

Really?! You gotta be freakin kidding me?

You gotta do better than that, that headstock has history man!

It just blows my mind.

Archived