Heritage Owners Club

New Acoustic Guitar Heritage Day!

And before I give the wrong impression, my wife was on board with this, mostly.

Anyway, I was crusing the local Craigslist this morning and there she was. Completely unexpected.

I knew better than to post one that's in my own backyard here with all you vultures :)

I just beat Will and he's four hours away!

The former owner is a great guy, and had lots of stories. If half of them are true he's had a lot of fun playing around over the years.

Well, this one is a well played and well loved 1991 HFT-445.

Hey, she ain't pretty, but at least I got a date to the prom :icon_king:

Here's a few pics. I'll have to ask the Bird to take some that will reslly show it off.

post-4456-0-40340700-1330052195_thumb.jpg post-4456-0-70385500-1330052225_thumb.jpg

Guest HRB853370

New Acoustic Guitar Heritage Day!

And before I give the wrong impression, my wife was on board with this, mostly.

Anyway, I was crusing the local Craigslist this morning and there she was. Completely unexpected.

I knew better than to post one that's in my own backyard here with all you vultures :)

I just beat Will and he's four hours away!

The former owner is a great guy, and had lots of stories. If half of them are true he's had a lot of fun playing around over the years.

Well, this one is a well played and well loved 1991 HFT-445.

Hey, she ain't pretty, but at least I got a date to the prom :icon_king:

Here's a few pics. I'll have to ask the Bird to take some that will reslly show it off.

post-4456-0-40340700-1330052195_thumb.jpg post-4456-0-70385500-1330052225_thumb.jpg

Congrats Dave, he could not remember your name. I said, is it Ron? He says, I think so. He also told me it was really pristine. That is not the case?

Congrats Dave, he could not remember your name. I said, is it Ron? He says, I think so. He also told me it was really pristine. That is not the case?

Nooooo, not by a long shot. If I had bought it off of ebay with the description of "pristine" I'd be driving cross country to insert a Heritage into someone's anular orafice.

It's far, far from a POS, but it's also far from pristine.

It's not abused, but it has a fair amount of honest play wear.

It can't be any worse than Schundogs then....

:laughing9: Hey, wouldn't change a thing (except for a truss rod cover and pickguard, which Steiner, bless his heart, is helping me secure, and MAYBE a preamp down the road.) She's going to the doctor this weekend to set up the action the way I prefer, along with a friggin' expensive new set of ClearTone strings! Again, Way to GO, Dave!

http://i840.photobucket.com/albums/zz327/schundog/tweeddeluxe009-3.jpg[/img]"]http://tweeddeluxe009-3.jpg

That looks great in the pics, Dave. Honest wear indeed... reminds me of some of the wear that I've put on my Martin.

And it's got one of those unique aftermarket truss rod covers like I've got on a couple of mine.... makes me like it even more.

Nice looking spruce top on that one.. Congrats.

Finally. Everybody has been waiting for you to play an acoustic while we play electrics. Oh, sweet day!!!

Who did you get it from? It must be from Walker's shop. I think he only had two. My old one and a used one with a pickup in it.

Finally. Everybody has been waiting for you to play an acoustic while we play electrics. Oh, sweet day!!!

Who did you get it from? It must be from Walker's shop. I think he only had two. My old one and a used one with a pickup in it.

I got from a guy in Toney. He said he bought it new "from that music store that used to be on Triana". So I guess that was Walker's.

He also told me that a guy he plays with bought a 445 and a Heritage mandolin around the same time, and he still has them unplayed in the original shipping boxes.

He said he bought them as an investment.

That's kind of cool, but I think it's really sad in a way. Two fine instruments sitting in a box for twenty years.

Happy New eritage Day DaveSnotHere! You were quick on the draw and got a wonderful guitar to prove it! I Love the grain on it; looks Great!

:laughing9: Hey, wouldn't change a thing (except for a truss rod cover and pickguard, which Steiner, bless his heart, is helping me secure, and MAYBE a preamp down the road.) She's going to the doctor this weekend to set up the action the way I prefer, along with a friggin' expensive new set of ClearTone strings! Again, Way to GO, Dave!

http://tweeddeluxe009-3.jpg

Cleartones are worth the money... You'll keep them on that guitar 5x longer than any other brand... Makes it worth the price to me...

I got from a guy in Toney. He said he bought it new "from that music store that used to be on Triana". So I guess that was Walker's.

He also told me that a guy he plays with bought a 445 and a Heritage mandolin around the same time, and he still has them unplayed in the original shipping boxes.

He said he bought them as an investment.

That's kind of cool, but I think it's really sad in a way. Two fine instruments sitting in a box for twenty years.

I recently watch the Premier Guitar's Rig Rundown of Kenny Wayne Shepherd. I thought it was interesting to know that he plays all of his guitars and tours with them, regardless of value or rarity of the instrument. Guitars are meant to be played. I think the same way.... I don't want an art piece that is too pretty or expensive to play. I'm a guitarist, not an investor. If I want in invest, it will be with time into playing...

Thanks for all the kind words guys.

It's been a busy few days here and I haven't been home much. The only time I've had to play her was at the sellers house.

I hope I'll be home early enough tonight to re-sting her and play a few chords. :love4:

Thanks for all the kind words guys.

It's been a busy few days here and I haven't been home much. The only time I've had to play her was at the sellers house.

I hope I'll be home early enough tonight to re-sting her and play a few chords. :love4:

And I look forward to "sittin' on the bridge" this year!

Archived