Heritage Owners Club

I have a love/hate relationship with this top

michaeljames

This is the H150 Ultra recently acquired from fellow HOC (RS) ~ I have never seen a top like this before.

Sometimes I don't care for it <looks like the paint job was a little off + too much flame> ,,, then I love it <paint job looks perfect and flame is subtle with very nice pronounced grain> !WOW! The 'lemon burst' is beautiful. I really can't recall a top that moves and changes to this degree ~ its amazing what good wood can do.

The P90s in this thing sound great. Its a great guitar! :icon_sunny:

post-832-0-22508800-1332969234_thumb.jpg

post-832-0-87236100-1332969250_thumb.jpg

It's perfect.

The shading is different from side to side due to wood uptake of stain variance. While both sides came from the same tree, even billet, the densities of the pieces can differ.

I wouldn't change a thing on it. It's called an Ultra for a good reason.

Howard has the pick of the litter, too.

oh no ~ want to be clear here ~ its lovely, and one of the best i've seen...just seems more 'moody' than most others i've seen <a good thing!> the only thing that will change with this beauty is the address ~ and thats years away!

H: nice one***

:laughing4:

oh no ~ want to be clear here ~ its lovely, and one of the best i've seen...just seems more 'moody' than most others i've seen <a good thing!> the only thing that will change with this beauty is the address ~ and thats years away!

H: nice one***

:laughing4:

Nah, it's hideous - I'd be embarassed to be seen with a top like that on my guitar.

I'll tell you what though... if you want, just pack it up and send it my way so you don't have to look at the ugly thing anymore :icon_joker:

I'd like to hear more about the P-90s. Did they drop in to the humbucker routing or was some word work needed? What brand of P-90s are they? How do they compare to what you have in your other guitar?

They do look good on a VSB.

the rio grande (bastard in the neck, fat bastard in the bridge) pickups are killer material. period.

the P90s in the other one are Lace ~ and are hum cancelling, but not real P90s IMO.

there was no modification needed for the Rio Grande pups in the H150 ~ but they are a little noisy ~ hence the name!

:laughing9:

Guest HRB853370

This is the H150 Ultra recently acquired from fellow HOC (RS) ~ I have never seen a top like this before.

Sometimes I don't care for it <looks like the paint job was a little off + too much flame> ,,, then I love it <paint job looks perfect and flame is subtle with very nice pronounced grain> !WOW! The 'lemon burst' is beautiful. I really can't recall a top that moves and changes to this degree ~ its amazing what good wood can do.

The P90s in this thing sound great. Its a great guitar! :icon_sunny:

post-832-0-22508800-1332969234_thumb.jpg

post-832-0-87236100-1332969250_thumb.jpg

Michael, is this the one from Rhoades Scholar?

Archived