Heritage Owners Club

difference between the 575 and 575 custom

big bob

Well I am proud to say I have been the owner of these fine two guitars for several years now and as usual just getting around to the comparison.

For your vewing pleasure I will be comparing a 575 standard, and a 575 custom non-cutaway

the 575 standard I have had for 13 years, it was my first Heritage and my first real quality guitar. It is has several slight modifications. The pups have been replaced with Duncan p-rails, the pick guard replaced with one from a sweet 16 and I also changed out the knobs.

The 575 custom is quite a departure from the standard. first off it has no cutaway, it also sports a tap tuned spruce top, a one piece tap tuned carved mahogany back, mahogany rim, ebony peg-head veneer and ebony binding, a 3.5 inch rim, 4 inch body depth at center. It also has a 25.5 scale length.

while both guitars are labeled as 575 they sound nothing alike either plugged in or acoustic. I was able to snap some cell phone pics today, check out the difference in the rims!

gregg170.jpg

gregg171.jpg

gregg169.jpg

while both guitars are labeled as 575 they sound nothing alike either plugged in or acoustic.

The one without pickups will sound different plugged into???

575 is a platform, the same body used on a sweet 16 - the beauty of heritage custom shop. Never would have believed they would do that custom binding.

I just got my 575 standard a few weeks ago - my first heritage and its sooooooo great.

question to you :

How do you like the P-Rails? - compared to the installed Schallers? do you have a push/pull for the split?

I like the look of the knobs but I can see why you changed - gives guitar more of a vintage look.

I just got my 575 standard a few weeks ago - my first heritage and its sooooooo great.

question to you :

How do you like the P-Rails? - compared to the installed Schallers? do you have a push/pull for the split?

I like the look of the knobs but I can see why you changed - gives guitar more of a vintage look.

question to you :

The p-rails are on push pulls. I have had them on so long I don't really remember what the schallers sounded like. The p-rails are nice sounding and versatile, usually I use either the p-90 or the humbucker in series.

575 is a platform, the same body used on a sweet 16 - the beauty of heritage custom shop. Never would have believed they would do that custom binding.

micd, then sent through the amp.

I was going back and forth from this one to the one I got. Then I saw you snap it up. I am still torn on whether or not I should have gotten mine or this one. I do, however, LOVE my 575. I wouldn't give it up for the world but man I would have loved to have this one too.

Beautiful :) I love those H tailpieces.

Narcissist...

:)

I have to agree with you H. They do look classy.

B2 - Is the rim width on both guitars the same? It appears the Custom's carved back is playing tricks on my perception. Cool guitars!!!

Narcissist...

:)

I have to agree with you H. They do look classy.

Your sense of humour is right up my street, Steiner :) That comment gets a big thumbs-up! Oops ;)

True story: first Heritage I bought, an H-516, attracted me mainly because of my nickname sitting right there on the tailpiece :)

Hijack over!

Back in 2004 I got a left handed H575 Standard new thru Adirondack guitars for a smoking deal. In 2008 I traded it for an Eastman AR810 CE. I regret having traded the H575, so last week I bought a used H575 (lefty of course) and put the Eastman on consignment. I love the H575. In my humble opinion, I think it's better than Gibson's ES175. Not bashing, just sharing my opinion.

Well I am proud to say I have been the owner of these fine two guitars for several years now and as usual just getting around to the comparison.

For your vewing pleasure I will be comparing a 575 standard, and a 575 custom non-cutaway

the 575 standard I have had for 13 years, it was my first Heritage and my first real quality guitar. It is has several slight modifications. The pups have been replaced with Duncan p-rails, the pick guard replaced with one from a sweet 16 and I also changed out the knobs.

The 575 custom is quite a departure from the standard. first off it has no cutaway, it also sports a tap tuned spruce top, a one piece tap tuned carved mahogany back, mahogany rim, ebony peg-head veneer and ebony binding, a 3.5 inch rim, 4 inch body depth at center. It also has a 25.5 scale length.

while both guitars are labeled as 575 they sound nothing alike either plugged in or acoustic. I was able to snap some cell phone pics today, check out the difference in the rims!

gregg171.jpg

What's the funky headstock shaped guitar on the far left?

What's the funky headstock shaped guitar on the far left?

That's a Robin, up untill last year hand made in Huston Texas.

Dave now is focusing on making rio-grande pups. I hope he will eventually return to making more guitars!

Archived