Heritage Owners Club

Heritage Liberty amp, have a NOS tweed version, a few questions..

I did a search but it didn't show anything. I have a totally unplayed tweed with brown cloth LIBERTY amp. I don't think it's ever been used before. Looks totally new, tubes are new, perfect condition. It has two wonderful amp covers in matching brown but it has no owner's manual, dang it.

Does anyone have a manual for this amp? I doubt they sold many of these. It should have bias point info, etc. in there. Thanks!

Also, it works but the reverb is dead. Any suggestions?

Much appreciated. I've seen them in white tolex but this is the first and only one I've ever seen in this vintage tweed...

Any info would be appreciated. Looks like this one below..

post-2038-0-36410500-1340318493_thumb.jpg

post-2038-0-34930400-1340318510_thumb.jpg

I did a search but it didn't show anything. I have a totally unplayed tweed with brown cloth LIBERTY amp. I don't think it's ever been used before. Looks totally new, tubes are new, perfect condition. It has two wonderful amp covers in matching brown but it has no owner's manual, dang it.

Does anyone have a manual for this amp? I doubt they sold many of these. It should have bias point info, etc. in there. Thanks!

Also, it works but the reverb is dead. Any suggestions?

Much appreciated. I've seen them in white tolex but this is the first and only one I've ever seen in this vintage tweed...

Any info would be appreciated. Looks like this one below..

Call Paul Cochrane

Welcome to the Liberty Club!!!!!!

I also found a n.o.s. Liberty (blonde tolex) recently and it has become my #1 amp!

Most any qualified amp tech should be able to work on yours. The reverb is outstanding on that model.

post-8-0-95375900-1340388088_thumb.jpg

one of my favorite amps of the past 10 yrs. if i hadn't already had a Colonial when i tried one, i would've gotten this. Tweed Bassman/JTM45, depending on position of MOOD knob (negative feedback control). fine reverb. if you call PaulC, be prepared for a brief rant on the quality (or lack) of reverb tanks. Paul's great and will be a pleasure to talk to.

one of my favorite amps of the past 10 yrs. if i hadn't already had a Colonial when i tried one, i would've gotten this. Tweed Bassman/JTM45, depending on position of MOOD knob (negative feedback control). fine reverb. if you call PaulC, be prepared for a brief rant on the quality (or lack) of reverb tanks. Paul's great and will be a pleasure to talk to.

Ahmen to that... I've seen enough bad tanks to go on for hours about them, and I haven't touched but a fraction of a percent of the amps Paul has; and it's only gone downhill since the end of US made Accutronics (Belton can keen labeling them as Accutronics, but they ain't the same tanks anymore) :(

5639: Call a few local music shops that also do amp repairs and ask if they have a spare reverb tank on hand you could try; someones bound to have a spare known working tank around and not mind you bringing the amp in to plug in a tank to at least rule it out. There is a chance it could be a bad RCA cable as well... or even the possibility of something as simple as someone having unplugged the cables at some point and reversed them when plugging them back in. On that note, before going to far along it might be worth a quick try to reverse them and see if that happens to do the trick (if not, I'd assume they were probably right to begin with and would put them back as they were)... if not, see if you've got a spare set of RCA cables laying around (those same red/black red/white ones used for hooking up stereos and what not will do the trick) and give them a try - when swapping the cables on the tank side, just make sure to pull them out straight and level (don't tug up or down as you pull... 'cause if the tank isn't bad, you don't want to break it)

Here's what CB Perkins said about their tweed covered Liberty...back when they had one.

http://cbperkins.blo...y-head-and.html

that's the one i tried. wudda amp. & that rascal Josh is a dazzler on the 6-string, too. typically plays a Golden Eagle through an old Gibson combo, like a BR-4 or BR-9 or something...

Much appreciate info and thanks rjsanders, for the manual PDF...

This Liberty has sat around unused since 2006 I guess. I got it for $500.00 plus shipping. Good deal I'm guessin'.

Wonder why this company went under? I suppose a few of you know and it's none of our biz... Still, a shame, great sounding amplifier.

I'll try the wiring from the reverb tank to the electronics. We'll see.. Thanks again!

Much appreciate info and thanks rjsanders, for the manual PDF...

This Liberty has sat around unused since 2006 I guess. I got it for $500.00 plus shipping. Good deal I'm guessin'.

Wonder why this company went under? I suppose a few of you know and it's none of our biz... Still, a shame, great sounding amplifier.

I'll try the wiring from the reverb tank to the electronics. We'll see.. Thanks again!

enjoy! without looking up the MSRP pricing, i'd guesstimate near $3000 w/the 2x12 tweed cab. MAP pricing for the rig was around $2000 during introductory pricing. i wouldn't think twice about paying $1500 for the head only, market & economy considerations aside - some of the finest parts, construction, & general build anywhere (transformers, cabinetry, you-name-it)...

why'd the company fail? mystery to me...general failure in marketing would be my guess, but wuddo i know?...(rhetorical question) ;)

enjoy! without looking up the MSRP pricing' date=' i\'d guesstimate near 3000 w/the 2x12 tweed cab. MAP pricing for the rig was around 2000 during introductory pricing. i wouldn\'t think twice about paying 1500 for the head only, market & economy considerations aside - some of the finest parts, construction, & general build anywhere (transformers, cabinetry, you-name-it)...

why\'d the company fail? mystery to me...general failure in marketing would be my guess, but wuddo i know?...(rhetorical question) ;)[/quote']

If I remember correctly, it was during the Heritage restructuring a few years back. The amp maker just wasn\'t in a position volume-wise to handle the slow-down. That\'s what I remember anyways. I wouldn\'t trust that, though. :)

If I remember correctly, it was during the Heritage restructuring a few years back. The amp maker just wasn\'t in a position volume-wise to handle the slow-down. That\'s what I remember anyways. I wouldn\'t trust that, though. :)

there are a couple members here who have some insights - one an employee, the other a dealer - but i kinda doubt it was related to restructuring on the guitar side. there was no biz connection between guitars (K'zoo) and amps (outside Nashville). there was a "branding" link, cuz the (co-)owner of the amps worked as marketeer for the guitars and it (amp co.) was always a startup in size, etc. always a tricky thing to grow a biz, esp. in the relatively high end of the hand-built tube amp market...the times (2004-2008) only made it tougher...

Well, I have a few vintage Fender amps (Tweed Vibrolux, etc.) and I wanted a double 12" amp when the occasional loud mood hits me. It's a nice one. Too bad the company didn't succeed.

Funny, I didn't think it was a good deal at the time, thing had no warranty, no nothing. The guy just told me it worked. I was pleased it was NOS and it looks nice. Sounds great as well.

Problem with this amp is that it's too damn loud. Really, the thing can shatter your windows. Way, way too loud for my needs these days. Still, when no one is home, I can at least crank it for a few minutes..

Archived