Heritage Owners Club

Look who's Rockin a Heritage...

brentrocks

I also like that you got a shot with the attractive vocalist/percussionist standing up, rather than sitting during his performance. It looked wierd on the video, like she was only 3' tall!! :icon_scratch:

Isn't that Cindy Blackman?... Carlo's wife?

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeh, has to be. Here she is behind the kit (wonderful drummer).

Big smile - this clip is a lot of what I like about live music. Improve, feeling, communication between bandmates. Carlos - international guitar star for 40some years jamming in a small club like he's 18 at his first gig. On a Heritage.

John - think he figured out his sound in this one :)

fxdx99, on 05 July 2012 - 03:20 PM, said:

Yeh, has to be. Here she is behind the kit (wonderful drummer).

Big smile - this clip is a lot of what I like about live music. Improve, feeling, communication between bandmates. Carlos - international guitar star for 40some years jamming in a small club like he's 18 at his first gig. On a Heritage.

John - think he figured out his sound in this one :)

snapback.png

I can't really tell what guitar Carlos is playing in that vid. It's from Sept 2011 where the other one is from June 2012

Of course it's a Heritage, anything else and he would just being playing it, not Rocking it. Kind of a hand & glove thing, Heritage Rockin...

snapback.png

I can't really tell what guitar Carlos is playing in that vid. It's from Sept 2011 where the other one is from June 2012

Ah - so it is. Thought the headstock shape looked familiar, but it's not the 150 in the other vid is it now? This one's body has double binding.

Ah - so it is. Thought the headstock shape looked familiar, but it's not the 150 in the other vid is it now? This one's body has double binding.

I'm not where I can really check it out now.. but it seemed like the horn on it looked like a semi ... but I can't really get a good look at it.

My guess... it's this 535 in that 2011 clip...

And the percussionistist in the photo... maybe that's Cindy's sister Tracy (that I see from google plays with Danny Click often)?

581158_4292140665113_764848065_n.jpg

Brent, I thought you might post the first video on The Gear Page. Great PR for Heritage with such a guitar legend playing a Heritage.

Performing on unfamiliar equipment is tough! I suspect Carlos may be just a bit thrown off without his signature sustain...a tone I was never particularly fond of. He seems to have adjusted his playing to allow for that. That having been said, I think he sounds great, here...really terrific!

I sent Danny an e-mail about the video discussed here. Here is his response:

"Yes that was an incredible night

Carlos was playing my 150 P90 guitar

And playing through my Dr Z amp

wow what tone!"

"Performing on unfamiliar equipment is tough! I suspect Carlos may be just a bit thrown off without his signature sustain...a tone I was never particularly fond of. He seems to have adjusted his playing to allow for that . . . "

+1; He should do this more often!

Guest HRB853370

Might be Cindy but she is not married to Santana.

Guest HRB853370

Wow, Danny's using my 535 Goldtop gitfiddle at that outdoor gig!! :icon_sunny:

581158_4292140665113_764848065_n.jpg

OK, maybe it just looks like my 535 Goldtop gitfiddle. :icon_silent:

He looks just like Tom Petty!

I gotta say that is the best tone I've heard from him . It's more open and a little more aggressive with more character and dynamics. Not the usual compressed nasal tone he often has .

I gotta say that is the best tone I've heard from him . It's more open and a little more aggressive with more character and dynamics. Not the usual compressed nasal tone he often has .

I'll second this!

Archived