Heritage Owners Club

Look who's Rockin a Heritage...

brentrocks

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Great vid.... !!!

It would be great to see him try a nice variety of Heritages and pick a favorite to play.....

DANNY CLICK & THE HELL YEAHS! with CARLOS SANTANA

142 Throckmorton Theater

Mill Valley California

interesting; he must have just got up on stage to jam with them? the other guitarist was adjusting his amp & I don't think that was Carlos guitar either. plus he was walking them thru the song

nice to get some clarity in his sound though

Truly an "earthy/organic" tone with a vibe that reminds me of his past live recordings. Sounded fantastic..........

interesting; he must have just got up on stage to jam with them? the other guitarist was adjusting his amp & I don't think that was Carlos guitar either. plus he was walking them thru the song

nice to get some clarity in his sound though

Yes!

I only like Carlos's earlier sound, after a while it got too saturated and seemed his sound was out of step with his playing. Guess he is folloing his own ears and knows what he wants to hear though.

But this had some of that raw/sweet/bitey sound I grew up listening to. I wonder what amp he was using? for some reason I want it to be a Fender HRDLX and a tube screamer :)

Yes!

I only like Carlos's earlier sound, after a while it got too saturated and seemed his sound was out of step with his playing. Guess he is folloing his own ears and knows what he wants to hear though.

But this had some of that raw/sweet/bitey sound I grew up listening to. I wonder what amp he was using? for some reason I want it to be a Fender HRDLX and a tube screamer :)

ha, I agree 100%

I LOVE early Santana tones...that's when he was using an SG I think, with P90's ( ps that 150 in the vids has P90's too!! ) and a fuzz into some kind of Fender (?)

I can't stand his modern post '70's mushy tone, but chacun a ses goux

Don Bassey is the bass player for the "Hell Yeah's" He is a childhood friend of mine and a native of Kalamazoo. I've played a lot of music with that cat. Back in the day it was the Ventures and Dave Clark Five's music that we played though. Thanks for the post.

Very cool to see Carlos rocking a Heritage..... BUT I wish he was playing it through his rig. To me it look like he was struggling with the amp, stomp pedal, and looking to turn the guitar volume knobs up for more sustain. Like it or not, his current tone has that ringing sustaining forever tone and to me it looked like he was struggling to get his modern tone out of that rig.

Again, it would have been incredible to hear him play that 150 through his Dumble and Boogie rig.

I hope he didn't judge the tone/performance of that 150 based on that rig. (not that it sounded bad at all, it just looked like he was trying to find a tone he couldn't get)

That's my opinion anyway.

He always sounds good, especially when playing a Heritage 150 w/P90s.

Brent~ Man, I'm really glad you were able to get a couple of shots of Carlos embedded here. Great shots of him with that cool 150 P90!!

I also like that you got a shot with the attractive vocalist/percussionist standing up, rather than sitting during his performance. It looked wierd on the video, like she was only 3' tall!! :icon_scratch:

Archived