Heritage Owners Club

Golden Eagle sounds

MartyGrass

Indeed, wonderful! Gotta love both the sound and that style of playing.

Turns out that the reason I signed up for this site was my recent acquisition of an '88 Golden Eagle. It is a wonderful insturment, but came to me with the pickguard assembly detatched from the guitar. The bracket seems to be bent a little, and it doesn't really align correctly (pickup wants to ride too high, bumping the strings from below). If someone on this list has a GE with a floating pickup, I'd sure appreciate hearing from you. I'd especially like to learn how they came setup from the factory (height of the pickguard from the body near the high E string and the body, for example). Many thanks in advance,

Scott

Carmine was so relaxed and at ease as he played complex chordial melodies. I checked out a few of his other videos. What a great guitarist!

And yes, his archtop tones were beautiful, no matter what brand he used.

Sweet tone and fine playing Tanks for posting!!!

Carmine was so relaxed and at ease as he played complex chordial melodies. I checked out a few of his other videos. What a great guitarist!

And yes, his archtop tones were beautiful, no matter what brand he used.

He makes it look effortless. Beautiful.

Indeed, wonderful! Gotta love both the sound and that style of playing.

Turns out that the reason I signed up for this site was my recent acquisition of an '88 Golden Eagle. It is a wonderful insturment, but came to me with the pickguard assembly detatched from the guitar. The bracket seems to be bent a little, and it doesn't really align correctly (pickup wants to ride too high, bumping the strings from below). If someone on this list has a GE with a floating pickup, I'd sure appreciate hearing from you. I'd especially like to learn how they came setup from the factory (height of the pickguard from the body near the high E string and the body, for example). Many thanks in advance,

Scott

Mine is perfect all the way around. Perfect finger rest & height off the body. Perfect action, intonation, and the floater has perfect string to string volume!!!

BlondeGoldenEagleFrontweb.jpg

BlondeGoldenEagleBackweb.jpg

Some Heritage archtops can have a bit of wobble in the pickguard near the bridge due to lack of anchoring there. That's an easy fix. There is a small felt lined rubber support that can be attached to the undersurface of the pickguard that makes that free corner completely stable.

I just installed one on my GE.

Some Heritage archtops can have a bit of wobble in the pickguard near the bridge due to lack of anchoring there. That's an easy fix. There is a small felt lined rubber support that can be attached to the undersurface of the pickguard that makes that free corner completely stable.

I just installed one on my GE.

I need a few of those for my girls. Please share the details.

Now back to your regularly scheduled programming. :icon_shaking2:

I need a few of those for my girls. Please share the details.

Now back to your regularly scheduled programming. :icon_shaking2:

Pete Moreno has sheets of the material. The L bracket may need a slight bend. The stabilizer sticks to the PG.

I'll bet there's at least one luthier in California who has some of the material.

Yes, it's time to return to the regularly scheduled broadcast.

Archived