Heritage Owners Club

I love the smell of nitro in the morning. NGD

pressure

Thanks for the nice comments. This is yet another great guitar from Heritage. Marv did the neck and the finish, Chris built the body and Ren did final assembly, Jim looked over the build and I'm sure others were involved. Just imagine how you would feel if Leo Fender carved the neck on your Telecaster... well that's what I felt when Marv did the carve on this neck! I am humbled to have had the opportunity to have a guitar built by this historic company. I have played and lusted after Kalamazoo guitars since 1959. My first guitar was a 1961 Les Paul SG, bought used, and I still remember when the Johnny Smith was introduced.

How does it sound? It has Stevens Design pickups and they sound great. Beautiful, clean, clear, full and balanced. Look close and you will see I had the bridge pickup moved about 1/2 inch closer to the neck pickup.

The question not asked. How does it play? Perfect.

The reason I used the finger tail piece and all the other odd things (carved spruce top, black hardware, 5 piece neck) is because I wanted a Johnny Smith for Blues and I was thinking this might do it.

And yes I am that sleeping old fart in the chair that keeps showing up in last years PSP photos. See you there.

Richard, that looks great! The 5 piece necks always look so great, and the back is probably better looking than the fronts on most other guitars. Interesting move to put the bridge pickup closer to the neck. Can't wait to hear it at PSP!

Well done!!!!

No F holes on purpose. The top is spruce and might tend to crack, so no F holes makes it stronger.

Access to the electronics will be the same way Ren put them in. Access schmakcess, would you really want to mess up that back for access?

"I'd say it's more a look of deep satisfaction and pride in a very fine new instrument."

Congratulations on a well-spec-ed-out instrument! There are many details that make that one unique. The blues never had it so good.

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Archived