Heritage Owners Club

Throbak NAN

brentrocks

I just walked in the door with it....this guy had so much friggin gear, i didnt want to leave!!!

Matchless, DR. Z, Marshalls, Silver Face Twin Reverbs, Recording equiupment, 70s Gibsons, Early 80s Kzoo Gibsons, pedals up the wazoooo........

He had this Throbak 18W Marshall clone for sale and after hearing Johns at PSP I, i had to go check it out!!!

It was everything i remember....i took the 20th Ann with me to demo it....rich, creamy, melt in your mouth tone! I had to take it home! Hopefully will have some clips tomorrow.

IMG_2699.jpg?t=1346808798

IMG_2706.jpg?t=1346808801

IMG_2707.jpg?t=1346808808

IMG_2708.jpg?t=1346808811

IMG_2710.jpg?t=1346808818

IMG_2711.jpg?t=1346808820

IMG_2716.jpg?t=1346808841

Very Nice!

Perhaps we can get Blues, Blu and you out here with your new amps. We can get KBP here too to document the differences and schedule many clones from the best of...

Very Nice!

Perhaps we can get Blues, Blu and you out here with your new amps. We can get KBP here too to document the differences and schedule many clones from the best of...

That would be fun. Mine is having a master volume mod. Now if I could just find some wood workers that can make me a little nameplate for mine..

That would be fun. Mine is having a master volume mod. Now if I could just find some wood workers that can make me a little nameplate for mine..

:dontknow:

He, he...

How'd you do the branding on the PSP V amp?

:hijacked: Why, I dug out my pocket knife; of course.

Look at the top face plate below. We could create a board of some interesting grain / figure / flame, dig out the pocket knife and carve Det Blues, Mars_Hall or a multitude of other interesting sayings...

IMG_2699.jpg?t=1346808798

We now return you to your regularly scheduled really cool amp thread :icon_salut:

Wow Brent! I can't tell you how impressed i was when you pulled the plug on guitar #1 and your amp didn't start yelling at you! Very nicely done. Yes, the playing.

Wow Brent! I can't tell you how impressed i was when you pulled the plug on guitar #1 and your amp didn't start yelling at you! Very nicely done. Yes, the playing.

and that would be because of the wonderful silent tip GT cable he was using...available from Mr Steiner. The ThroBak amp with Brent at the helm of the demonstration definitely has the "it" factor...fabulous tone! and since nobody has said it yet...Dibs.

gotta love the silent tip GT :icon_smile:

and that would be because of the wonderful silent tip GT cable he was using...available from Mr Steiner. The ThroBak amp with Brent at the helm of the demonstration definitely has the "it" factor...fabulous tone! and since nobody has said it yet...Dibs.

thanks Scott!

Silent tip guitar cable...hmmm...

Brent! Wow! wow! wow! wow! wow! wow! wow!

Boutique amps for boutique guitars,

Boutique guitars for boutique amps!

I don't see this amp going away from Brent very soon...shall we do a betting pool for a bottle of something good and strong to see how long he keeps it? ;~) Looks like you might have some Mullard el84's in that amp, Brent? If so, a tight matched decent pair of those is going for stupid money right now. Wouldn't be surprised to see a c-note for some nearly new ones.

i was a little skeptical of the stock Sammi speaker....i had a hankering that this amp could sound even better. So.....i plugged in the Vintage 30 from the Victory. HUGE difference! Much fuller, richer sound. Then i plugged in the Heritage 2x12 cab...that sounded pretty darn good too! I see a new speaker in this amps future.

Archived