Heritage Owners Club

Incoming! Almost NAD

tsp17

Wow! Normally one has to pay UPS to do that kind of damage.

If it helps, that is an amp capable of complex, layered sounds. KBP810 brought it by to push some whitecaps on the water and ended up causing a couple turtles to spontaneously combust. There IS a big pot of gold at the end of this rainbow.

That was good for a little levity on the situation.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

d@#n i hate it when that happens. guess i been lucky. that's a great speaker, too. will look forward to happy resolution.

related & interesting: yesterday i received a shipment for a friend, from Macari's in London (UK), a new ES-330 and OD pedal. DHL (a first for me). box looked good & i asked driver to wait while i check out the box for dings & such. she actually offered to help me unpack it. so she held the outer box while i pulled the cardboard shims & Gibson Custom box, then we opened that, pulled the OHSC out & i removed the guitar & inspected it. beautiful.

usually with UPS and Fedex it's dump, sign off, & drive, but this was a really enjoyable experience. so, props to DHL (at least this time).

That truly is a stunner. Hate to hear about the issues.

"Stunned" is a good word for how i felt when I saw the box. FedEx claim is filed and the Bluenote is in the good hands of our local KBP-like amp guru. Hopefully he'll bring her back to life. I am sure he will appreciate what he is working on and give it his best shot. I left him a voicemail when i dropped it off at the shop explaining the whole situation.

As Brian said, assuming and it comes back functional and sounding as it should and FedEx steps up, we'll call it the Bluenote "road-worn edition". Now that's making lemonade out of lemons! I do wish i'd gotten to play it just once before,...

• 4 weeks later...

Well, the Bluenote got picked up by FedEx yesterday for salvage. A sad ending. It was not fully repairable in the end. FedEx approved the full purchase price claim, but will not send the check until their salvage department receives it. Hopefully it will be a smooth final resolution to this saga.

Brian was the bright spot in this story. Super helpful in resolving the claim. Thanks Brian!

I bought a used 2x8 jazz voiced cab to go with my Acoustic Image to start the healing, but I know it will not soothe my tube tone gas. Maybe I'll just get a Blues Jr. and mod it for jazz. Or poke around for a used tube head.

What can I say,...could have been worse.

I would have liked to play through it at least once though.

Wow, at least Fedex is doing the right thing...so far.

Maybe you can have KBP do another Blue Note. Or was that a one-off?

Was a one off and hopefully with a little patience I can find something locally. No shipping tube amps for me for a while! Man that was bad.

Brian/KBP was awesome all the way through.

Very sad indeed. I've lost several pieces of gear thanks to UPS/FedEx but never a one-off like that. To bad you can't sue for more then just the purchase price, perhaps then these delivery companies would take much more seriously the task of handling peoples private property. :icon_shaking:

• 2 weeks later...

FedEx made good on the deal. Full payment check arrived today. Whew, I am glad that's over. Thanks again to Brian for all his help along the way, building a beautiful matched set and helping resolve the claim.

You got the check? I thought the $s went to the shipper (KBP810)?

That amp took one hell of a blow. Sorry you won't get to play it.

• 2 weeks later...

You got the check? I thought the $s went to the shipper (KBP810)?

That amp took one hell of a blow. Sorry you won't get to play it.

The shipper has to ok it, then they send the check to the recipient.

The shipper has to ok it, then they send the check to the recipient.

This is the first time I've been this close. It helps if the two parties have a trust built before the demise.

I'm sorry to hear about it. I hope her replacement is pleasing to you too.

This is the first time I've been this close. It helps if the two parties have a trust built before the demise.

I'm sorry to hear about it. I hope her replacement is pleasing to you too.

Yes, Brian was great throughout.

I am laying low on the replacement. This experience temporarily cured my amp jones. i did swap out my 1x10 cab for a 2x8 and I am liking it. It is nice and warm on its own and with my Fuchs Plush Valve Job pedal in front of it (12ax7) I Have some tube touch sensitivity. I sometimes run a Tim in front of that which juices it nicely. Sounds great. For now I'll leave we'll enough alone.

Archived