Heritage Owners Club

Labor of love ...

NewGuy

the H150 arrived safely today (UPS~thanks-) but no sound~just a buzz~grrrr..

after looking under the hood, it turned out to be a few connections. It weighed in at 9.14 lbs.

after removal of the Gotoh tailpiece, Nashville bridge, surrounds, knobs, studs, and pickguard, 9.2 lbs

035.jpg

New strings & rewiring of the control panel (the 300 and 100s gotta go) 500 K slim tapers, and ThroBaks , all in good time. it sounds pretty good with V59s, the Grovers are smooth, and I even like the TKL case.

"Light plays such games with this finish. I swear it looks at least three different colors.

going cream REALLY changes the look. But more importantly, it sounds FANTASTIC"

the exact same ^ statement applies here.

i will let the pics can do the talking until i get sound bytes ..enjoy...

027.jpg

001.jpg

012.jpg

016.jpg

020.jpg

021.jpg

022.jpg

Delta has handled 3 of my guitars on flights to Kzoo and back. Their people are nice and even the TSA folk seem to love nice guitars. If they knew I couldn't play they might kick shit out of it. They probably thought I was a Winter's brother. Or a POW.......

You have a good eye with a camera. We need that at the PSP's. You driving up next year?

As Bird already said, great pictures. Nice job on the mods and I love that 150.

A question..when you swapped the pick up rings did you buy the curved bottom rings or the straight bottoms and carved them yourself? I'm changing mine on my 150 soon and was wondering if the pre contoured ones fit well.Thanks and enjoy.

A question..when you swapped the pick up rings did you buy the curved bottom rings or the straight bottoms and carved them yourself? I'm changing mine on my 150 soon and was wondering if the pre contoured ones fit well.Thanks and enjoy.

Pre-contoured ones still need a bit of attention in my experience, Pete.

Pre-contoured ones still need a bit of attention in my experience, Pete.

Thanks Howard, maybe they would put me close to what I need though. I found doing a total contour sanding on my 157's a challenge. Had to take a lot of meat off the flat bottomed neck ring. The 157 has a very pronounced arch though.

And thanks again for assisting me in getting those hard to get Schaller rings. My 150 has Bare Knuckles with single adjustment screws so I can get cheap rings here in the States and the 150 seems to have less of an arch..

Thanks Howard, maybe they would put me close to what I need though. I found doing a total contour sanding on my 157's a challenge. Had to take a lot of meat off the flat bottomed neck ring. The 157 has a very pronounced arch though.

And thanks again for assisting me in getting those hard to get Schaller rings. My 150 has Bare Knuckles with single adjustment screws so I can get cheap rings here in the States and the 150 seems to have less of an arch..

Yes, they need much less effort than the flat ones :) Just a few swipes on the sandpaper and you're done!

As for the Schaller stuff: anytime, my friend :)

Don't get me wrong.... I love it, love it, love it, love it!!!!!!

But I would make two changes ( but heck it's not my guitar)........

Get a traditional LP pick guard

And

Get some amber light shade knobs (just me, but I can't stand reflector knobs. I personally think they look cheap!!)

But it is your guitar and you should be very proud of what you have done!!!

thanks~!

Kuz,

i hear you , but these are 60 knobs (same as were on my 60' LP) and there's nothing cheap about em'.

invasive drilling is not in the picture just for the sake of a pick guard..sight unseen or not...that's just me.

That's a fantastic 150 and you've taken some great pics for us to enjoy :)

I like the way that sunlight plays with the figure in curly maple. As you say, there are perhaps three 'looks' dependant on the light source. Which of these reflects how it looks 'everyday'?

I'm not sure whether you've already been asked this: what amp(s) do you play this through?

Archived