Heritage Owners Club

2013 NAMM

skydog52

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Great shots Brent! I'm debating about heading back up today or not. It's really not fun driving in SoCal in the rain. The Magnatone amps were most cool! Did you hear the <<stereo>> one?!? Omg, that thing sounded great. I happened to be at the booth when Pete Anderson came by to give it a test drive. Even better was some teen aged gal who was laying down some impressive blues chops (mostly rhythm, but tight and dynamic) and had several others jamming with her. She didn't speak english and one of the Magnatone guys called in "blues in G" to her and she had no idea what he meant. I hear someone (her father?) say "so" and off she went! They ended up getting the sound police called on 'em, but it was worth it! The Kemper rack mount profiler was also most cool. I'd love to be able to sit in a room and play with that side by side with the Axe-FX. It's certainly easier to use from the front panel, but no-footswitch, no editing software... Most the digital stuff still leaves me feeling cold - it's getting better, but they just don't breath like tube amps do imho. Still there were some killer patches in the Kemper. The Leslie simulator pedal that Hammond is bringing out sounded effin' great! I thought I was listening to a real leslie speaker at first. I eventually had the guy plug into the real cabinet and yes it did sound better (duh!) but the sim sounded really, really good - and that was in mono. I didn't ask if it was stereo or not. The Amp Tweaker pedals I also thought sounded great. The guy has a pedigree back with Peavey (working with Eddie on the 5150 and Satriani and his amp) as well as Kustom and the new Shecter amps. Anyway, he has a pretty full line of OD/Distortion/Fuzz pedals that all sounded great.

Excellent! Glad to see you two were able to overcome the back seat fiasco.

It must be fun to be rock stars.

thx for the pics, looks great!!

wish I was there

...so who are all those geezers? lol

*edit* actually I do know ONE of them used to play with a geezer: Geezer Butler, one of my alltime fave bass players :D

Archived