Heritage Owners Club

Building the H-O-Lux

H

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Very nice, clean work. I've been building effects pedals lately and enjoying it for the most part, but it's making want to try building an amp pretty bad. Threads like this just makes it worse. Hopefully next year I can give it a try.

Looks great, can't wait to see the end result!

Little bit more work this evening: PT loaded up, face and rear plates loaded but protective plastic left on.

E0BB594B-BA68-440B-9D81-AEA673CF0BE9-607

Starting to look like an amp now :)

5BECC1F2-C56F-4518-91E4-01C8842B4DBC-607

I'd like to have attached the OT, choke and reverb driver but I need to drill larger holes and my 3mm HSS bit is blunt. Off to the shops tomorrow.

FFDD0F72-EF3D-4756-86F0-AE649B7919AD-607

A few more ancillary bits and pieces and then it's 'build the boards' time :)

Lol :) I'm sure you've had nicer ;)

Touche'

Mrs. Steiner didn't take kindly to my comparing it to a tweed or brownface build. I had to assure her that the way amps heat up tubes is entirely different. We're good.

I still would love to build one. The amp that is... :icon_thumright:

• 2 weeks later...

Any updates yet?

All quiet on the Western Front, I'm afraid :-/ I don't expect to get enough time to work on it until the weekend after next. I look for a three hour window at the very least which gives me time to lay everything out and review the work I've already done before getting on with the next section. There's still about twenty hours work left in it I think.

I've been busy on it from other angles though, buying vintage pre-amp tubes (Mullard, GE and a pair of Philips 12AT7s) and researching speaker options. I'm thinking of pairing up one of my super-clean Celestion G10Ks with a WGS Veteran which is a bit flubbier.

Just want to add my own two cents on how cool this thread is, and also how great the build seems to be coming along! I'll be stoked to see, and maybe even HEAR the finished amp!

Way to go!

• 2 weeks later...

Archived