Heritage Owners Club

H357 Korina makeover

bolero

well, I couldn't leave well enough alone...but it's definitely better enough, now :D

used a vibramate, so no drilling etc and can be returned back to 100% stock. those things are the best Bigsby accessory ever!!

bigsby357.jpg

That is so sick...I want a korina 357 with p90s.

Me too..Somebody give me three grand.. I've been a good boy this year!!

yeah, it is one of the best guitars I've ever played

ps it looks a bit crooked on there because the stoptail studs are angled slightly, but it works fine. I guess that's the tradeoff for not drilling the gtr :D

Even on Strats I've had I always took the whammy off and blocked the tailpiece because I can't stand an out of tune guitar!!

no locking tuners...new strings too, so I need to work it in a bit

I have never had a personal issue with being slightly out of tune with a strat or a bigsby.....I figure it adds to the whole organic experience :D

I actually like Hendrix at Monterey, when he is all out of tune on "like a rolling stone" etc

-->if you set the nut up properly so the strings don't bind ( no pinging noises when you bend strings/vibrato ), stretch new strings out, and have enough wraps on the tuners, it is actually pretty stable

honestly though, you should just sell that red 357 to me & be done with it :D

You guys crack me up, you order these guitars, then you have to change them. Why not order that way to begin with ? :violent1:

Bolero, be very careful with the Vibramate Mounting plate screws, they left little holes in the top of my Firebird because I tightened them maybe a little too snug. It also happened on my Les Paul Special with the same plate and I was trying to be careful! By the way that's a great looking ax!

You guys crack me up, you order these guitars, then you have to change them. Why not order that way to begin with ? :violent1:

well, this way I can flip between bigsby/stoptail

and I already had all the parts

Rockabilly that's a good point, you mean the screws that bolt the bigsby to the plate went thru & damaged the top of your gtrs? thx for the headsup!!

Guest HRB853370

yeah, it is one of the best guitars I've ever played

ps it looks a bit crooked on there because the stoptail studs are angled slightly, but it works fine. I guess that's the tradeoff for not drilling the gtr :D

Send it my way Bolero and I will fix it the right way!

post-2130-0-21498500-1368755151_thumb.jpg

Archived