Narrowing it down...

DetroitBlues

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

or Red Tobacco Burst (not sure the exact scheme):

00E0E_cpOmZHQgtLT_600x450_zpsd2f0fbe0.jp

I have it narrowed down to these two.

In "Heritage talk," that would be "chestnutburst." Speaking as a Southerner: Man...ain't ne'er seen no red 'baccer! An I been primin' and pullin' all ma life on Daddy's 'lotmint.

I pretty much typed this entire post, then deleted it, as I didn't want to preach at you. But I agree with this 100%.

+1 ..

my 2 cents - if you're choosing between 'tobacco sunburst', or "Red Tobacco Burst", and going for a classic look, I'd choose the Tobacco burst.... but, by the time you are ready to order this, you may change your mind 100X.

I LOVE Brockburst - but that's a Gibby color, right? I don't think Heritage has that.

That's a H-150 Deluxe. Dave up in finishing came up with that.

If it's a custom order, tell them OSB with the edges black. They get close to that anyway.

As for no dots on the FB - bad idea. It may be cool to you, it may be cool to a few others -- but!! If the time comes you need to, or just want to sell it that choice will drastically narrow the field for potential buyers. You may think you're going to keep your custom order forever, most people do. But just look at all the custom ordered jobbers we see for sale, either here, on CL, Ebay, wherever. My thoughts are yeah, custom order your guitar, but don't crazy on custom appointments that are too far out of the norm, or can't be easily changed (surrounds, pickups, pg/no pg, things like that). You'll still love that guitar ... for a while.

If it's a custom order, tell them OSB with the edges black. They get close to that anyway.

As for no dots on the FB - bad idea. It may be cool to you, it may be cool to a few others -- but!! If the time comes you need to, or just want to sell it that choice will drastically narrow the field for potential buyers. You may think you're going to keep your custom order forever, most people do. But just look at all the custom ordered jobbers we see for sale, either here, on CL, Ebay, wherever. My thoughts are yeah, custom order your guitar, but don't crazy on custom appointments that are too far out of the norm, or can't be easily changed (surrounds, pickups, pg/no pg, things like that). You'll still love that guitar ... for a while.

Those were my thoughts too,Tulk1. But then, why do a custom if you can't make it yours? If you don't get some eccentric appointments, one may as well buy off the shelf.

But then, why do a custom if you can't make it yours? If you don't get some eccentric appointments, one may as well buy off the shelf.

Agree completely.

If your going custom order, do whatever you want, that's the point. If your going into it with the mentality of sacrificing the appointments you really want solely because the resale market may be limited by your choices; then maybe you shouldn't get a custom order. You can't put one foot in the pool on a custom order, jump in the deep end and get something you've dreamed of with everything YOU want, or find one on the shelf that suits you close enough that you can later have a larger resale market for. Just my opinion.

Archived