Heritage Owners Club

Narrowing it down...

DetroitBlues

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 1 month later...

As I slowly count down the days until my severance payout, I'm stuck changing my mind every week. Now I'm considering a H150 plaintop in a gold top... Seems a bit cheaper and not so crazy of a design....

Makes sense to me, but I love Goldtops, and I would put the money into the hardware and electronics where it counts!!! Some things I would consider though are having an RS

Guitarworks Vintage Harness installed, and all Faber lightweight nickel hardware installed. Plus Kuz tells me that HOC members get a discount on Throbak pickups, and

I feel they are superior to Alnico IIs (And I like Alnico IIs) for the perfect bluesy PAF pickup. As a matter of fact Kuz sent all of his hardware and pickups to Heritage for his

last custom built (that's what he told me). And I would shoot for a target weight to come in the high 8lb range if possible. This is a custom guitar, so why waste time with

off the shelf components! PM Kuz, and ask him what he thinks. And, insist that they drill the ABR posts into the body, no inserts, it takes no more work to install a proper

ABR, and it's not like they haven't done it before. INMSHO Nashville bridges are inferior! That would be a smokin' Goldtop! It's your money, get the most out of it.

And I would stay on top of them and make sure they install the hardware you send! Look what happen to Bill Gelder on his custom order, I still don't know if he has the right

hardware on his new guitar.

DB, when you are serious, kind of nailed down your ideas, I would be happy to help. Like Daniel said, I have ordered 4 custom Heritages and would be happy to help. There DEFINITELY are some pointers and tips to getting a custom order done at Heritage (and done CORRECTLY, regardless of what dealer you use..... trust me and you can learn through my trials).

If you want my help, PM and I would be happy to talk to you live on the phone.

Archived