Heritage Owners Club

My stat dlx is f$@& ruiend

big bob

You do actually have to change the strings from time to time. Think of it as an "upgrade". You know, like everyone else. Change one thing on a stock guitar and its an upgrade. So, upgrade your strings by putting on a new set. It'll be like new, only better.

I once had a parent come into the guitar store where I taught and complain that his son's guitar needed to be tuned. When told that all guitars are like that, he wondered why they just didn't solder the strings to the tuning pegs to keep them in tune.

I once had a parent come into the guitar store where I taught and complain that his son's guitar needed to be tuned. When told that all guitars are like that, he wondered why they just didn't solder the strings to the tuning pegs to keep them in tune.

Wonder if he went home and tried that. Bet he did!

So you think I might be able to solder the string back together?

Well the. String was not long enough to solder back together. What I ended up doing was using the longer end and soldering it directly to one of the screw heads on the pickup. I'm not sure I like how it sounds, it kinda just makes a thumping sound,but I'm gonna give it some time, maybe I'll get use to it!

Well the. String was not long enough to solder back together. What I ended up doing was using the longer end and soldering it directly to one of the screw heads on the pickup. I'm not sure I like how it sounds, it kinda just makes a thumping sound,but I'm gonna give it some time, maybe I'll get use to it!

That should work once it settles in.

So you think I might be able to solder the string back together?

You should be able to repair it with JB Weld. You'd really hate to loose that string wire in case you want to ever sell it. A non original wire would just kill the resale value. You know how picky those vintage collectors can be.

If I suffered such a catastrophic event, I'd just give up and take up something safe, like synchronized swimming.

Archived