Heritage Owners Club

Amp Dilemma

DetroitBlues

Mine would be the 65. I actually bought it for my son back some years, but he doesn't use it anymore and I figured I'd put a few miles on it for him. Is there a big difference?

The DDRI is fundamentally the same as the original. The'68 is a hot rodded of the silver face era.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think the Evil Robot is the one... Found it for a great price... Thoughts?

never heard one but recall watching a product demo by the dude it was commissioned for, and, shockingly, it sounded amazing when he played it.

Seems like if the price is right, you'll recoup if it's not for you. Do it, and enlighten us all.

I think the Evil Robot is the one... Found it for a great price... Thoughts?

never heard one but recall watching a product demo by the dude it was commissioned for, and, shockingly, it sounded amazing when he played it.

Seems like if the price is right, you'll recoup if it's not for you. Do it, and enlighten us all.

The guys name is Phil X! He is an amazing session guitarist and is now touring with Bon Jovi. I have one of his signature Arcane P90 pickups in a hum-bucker housing and it has some serious cojones!

Side note, he actually signed it for me on the pickup cover because before he became more well known he was shipping the pickups himself!!! Those amps sound amazing when he plays them, but anything he plays sounds amazing too. I really want one of those amps though. I say get it if you found the right price!!!

Guest HRB853370

Yes.... Family>amp.... Sad but true.

Got to keep the kids and wife happy. Priorities!

Maybe your wife will surprise you for Christmas with that amp you are lusting for!

DB has probably already had the amp he's lusting for. He's just got a perpetual case of "the grass is greener" syndrome.

To be fair; there's probably not one special amp. There's probably 3 or 4 that would collectively give him the bliss he's looking for. Unless, of course he buys a Guytron, or Axe-fx.

It also starting acting up.... Tremolo worked when it wanted to. I liked it but I worry about Peavey's reliability...

I have many Peavey amps old and new, and none of them have ever failed or even blown a fuse.

Classic 30 combo

Classic 30 head and cab

5150 II full stack

Heritage

80's Classic

Renown

I have many Peavey amps old and new, and none of them have ever failed or even blown a fuse.

Classic 30 combo

Classic 30 head and cab

5150 II full stack

Heritage

80's Classic

Renown

I went through three Valvekings.... Love the tone, hate the reliability or lack thereof

Archived