Heritage Owners Club

New to the Forum with my two H-137 guitars -pics

ehmanages

Hi All, very long time lurker - thought I should join and say hello. I have enjoyed the posts of y'all and would like to post a couple of pics of my guitars. Both are 2012 H-137 guitars in TV yellow in the special and junior style.

Please note: I could be wrong but i think the junior style is Korina (white limba) and the special style is mahogany. Any thoughts on this front would be greatly appreciated. As would be a confirmation of the type of Lollar P90 that Heritage uses ( I know they are dog eared P90s... but Jason makes like 3 versions of that model alone...)

The tap tone of the body alone on the single pickup is sumptuous. Unplugged the guitar is resonant. Plugged in its awesome as is its playability and directness exposes any weakness in my playing. Guitar easily weighs 8 plus lbs. This guitar's intonation is a bit off as you play up past the 7th fret although I know an adjustable wrap tail would solve this... I don't want to modify the guitar. Punk and rockabilly and anything loud and aggressive and this guitar just shines.

The dual pickup model is heavier and feels almost 9 lbs-ish. But it is a smoother guitar overall - less full on attack. This guitar intonates almost perfectly. This guitar does county, blues and jazz and indie/classic rock in spades!

Any case on to the pics!... And thanks again for your insight on the above questions.

IMG_1717.jpg

IMG_1718.jpg

IMG_1722.jpg

IMG_1719.jpgIMG_1721.jpgIMG_1720.jpg

Welcome! Awesome pair of 137s, man. Stick around, we have a lot of fun. I'm not sure where you are located, but many of us get together in Kalamazoo the first weekend in August. Check out the "Parson's Street Pilgrimage" section of the forum to see some of the fun we have had in years past.

Thanks guys. Does anybody have an idea what the going used price (a range is fine) for a sunburst H-137 single lollar with a bigsby? A friend of mine knows here a used is located (i'd love a tobacco burst one) and doesn't know what this might fetch dollar-wise before a reasonable offer could be made & completed ebay activity is no help.. it'd be a bit insane for me to buy a 3rd one though... Much appreciated.

Though I'm not used to saying to other guys; that's a beautiful pair, nice snatch!

Archived