Heritage Owners Club

NGD H170 part 2

pressure

Thoughtful appointments on a full-access model. Congratulations!

Mr. Grass all my Heritage guitars have 5-piece necks, Stingers, Ebony fingerboards and Spruce somewhere. It is a challenge to get Spruce into them.

I have 2 Heritage Johnny Smiths, a Millie and now the 170, all with those features (I even have a Spruce body Fender Custom Shop Strat). The Millie has a Spruce top with no f-holes and a flame Maple back, it is semi-hollow. I wanted to have a solid body guitar with Spruce and also wanted a flame Maple top. The idea wasn't to get the lightest weight but to get Spruce in the guitar, the light weight is a pleasant bonus. I asked Heritage ever so nicely if I could get a Spruce body on the 170 and they said they would give it a try (there was a lot of discussion about the back, kind of like the discussions about the Spruce top on the Millie). I came up with the Mahogany center stripe to give the plain Spruce back some visual excitement and the transparent stinger so that the figure and construction of the neck wasn't hidden in any way. I love how the transparent stinger turned out and it matches the transparent tuners, almost looks like I planed it that way. I think the 170 weighs 8 lb 1 oz, so not to heavy. Tone of the Millie with the Stephens Design humbuckers is very woody. The 170 isn't woody at all it just sounds fab. I'm thinking about having Heritage build a Prospect for me and it's a challenge figuring out where to put the spruce. That Prospect is going to start a lot of discussions.

Nice one Pressure and P 90s too. I bet it screams. Nice appointments too..top of the line. Congrats.

Oh, I also like that rosewood Tele above your head in the music store picture..or is that your music room?

Wow, I love this, the guitar suits the P90's perfectly. And as others have said, the transparent stinger looks so so classy. A wonderful guitar, congrats.

How have you found it so far? I'd imagine it's pretty versatile?

Archived