Heritage Owners Club

Cherry Red and Flame Maple

DetroitBlues

Got to admit it, that shroom 555 is PERFECT!!!

And here I that I had THE winner.....

_DSC1911-Edit-2.jpg

As a piece of art, that guitar is perfect. The way the colors flow and burst are why I love Heritage colors.

Blues is not wanting a burst; he wants a red that shows the flame (I believe). The color on your upper bout is what FredZ is talking about where they painted amber and then brown to make the flame pop.

To schundog and Gillnetter, I feel antique natural is different than tranalucent natural. I have an antique natural 575 the flames pop. But I have/had translucent natural and the flames aren't as pronounced as a stained finish.

Both of your guitars are gorgeous.

(Note to Brian, take those hideous reflector knobs off that beauty..... Hey, I had to bust your chops on something :)..... Otherwise that guitar is perfect)

All beautiful specimens from Heritage.

Cherry Translucent is always better in person. Photographs don't always pick up the flame.

Ron would know why.

all nice guitars!!

I esp like the shroom inlays on skydog's...very cool!!

on the red Slash sig LP I am pretty sure they shoot it with black first, then wipe it off so the flames show more prominently thru the red finish. a friend of mine has one, it's really nice

all nice guitars!!

I esp like the shroom inlays on skydog's...very cool!!

on the red Slash sig LP I am pretty sure they shoot it with black first, then wipe it off so the flames show more prominently thru the red finish. a friend of mine has one, it's really nice

That makes a lot of sense. I think that's how PRS gets a lot of their wood to "pop" as well.

Archived