Heritage Owners Club

Cherry Red and Flame Maple

DetroitBlues

At one point, I wanted a deep cherry red 535. But one of the distinctive features that sets a Heritage above other manufactures is the liberal use of flame maple.... After seeing a few examples at the plant, I'm really torn about do I want the solid cherry finish or do I want something else that shows the flame? Is there a way to see Flame Maple in a Cherry Red color?

I'm toying with the idea of a flame maple natural top and mahogany back and sides...

I'm not a fan of Cherry bursts, so no clownbursts on my 535!

I need some ideas...

Can I see some highly flamed maple 535?

Not the best picture, but you definitely can have both Cherry Translucent and flame.

H535%20168kb_zps82vwzl88.jpg

They did a perfect job balancing the color and translucence of your red top. That's not easy to do.

The maple/mahogany idea would be unique. I think Spectrum13's 575 came out beautifully.

Not the best picture, but you definitely can have both Cherry Translucent and flame.

H535%20168kb_zps82vwzl88.jpg

This definitely. I am not a huge fan of natural finishes because it doesn't make the wood flame pop like stained finishes do.

This definitely. I am not a huge fan of natural finishes because it doesn't make the wood flame pop like stained finishes do.

+1 The 535 I had was a natural finish and I wasn't really in love with the appearance of the flame on it. It had nice flame but in person it seemed to be lacking for some reason. It didn't pop like I wanted it to. If it were me I would be looking at a dyed finish. Kuz is right on the money! Thats my NSHO from my experience with the 535 I had. Below is the photo, they yellow over time due to the nitro finish.

IMG_4036_zps1394aac2.jpg

They know how to finish a guitar.

There it is Blues! The Bird's guitar, in person and in photos, exudes beauty and flame.

Time to fess up.

My 535 photo (a few posts above) was taken with a little point&shoot camera several years ago.

This morning I dug out that old photo and massaged the contrast/ brightness, and 'shadow protection', solely in an attempt to bring out the flame.

My efforts did in fact bring out the flame, but the resulting colour is much darker than the actual guitar.

Fred's right....it's not easy to properly photograph flame maple on a red guitar.

Here it is in natural light.........

sDSC_2598.jpg

Time to fess up.

My 535 photo (a few posts above) was taken with a little point&shoot camera several years ago.

This morning I dug out that old photo and massaged the contrast/ brightness, and 'shadow protection', solely in an attempt to bring out the flame.

My efforts did in fact bring out the flame, but the resulting colour is much darker than the actual guitar.

Fred's right....it's not easy to properly photograph flame maple on a red guitar.

Here it is in natural light.........

sDSC_2598.jpg

That's why I'm thinking not to get red. Why waste the money on a flame maple top if you won't be able to see it...

Skydog52 - that shroomed 555 on top is beautiful. That trans cherry is what I like; enough to color, not too much to cover.

Skydog52 - that shroomed 555 on top is beautiful. That trans cherry is what I like; enough to color, not too much to cover.

Got to admit it, that shroom 555 is PERFECT!!!

And here I that I had THE winner.....

_DSC1911-Edit-2.jpg

Archived