Heritage Owners Club

NGD for me Millie, thanks toMillenium Maestro, Kuz, Steiner, etc.

RhoadsScholar

After several months and false starts/stops, I have put together a pretty good Millie to suit my needs (and it is a looker to boot). STORY

I bought a couple of used UNBUCKERS from Kuz, had to get them potted. Fralin did it for no charge even though they were used

Worked out a trade with Millenium Maestro for a Millie from his personal collection (some may recognize this one, spectacular)

Steiner was the middle man while I was out of town. He worked with the Maestro when he came down for the HOC to get this thing rewired.

After a month on the road, I finally got to take this for a spin (video is forthcoming) It sounds as good as it looks.

IMG_1889_zpsfxfkydqv.jpg

IMG_1893_zpswwyqsz7o.jpg

IMG_1890_zpsni4b3drx.jpg

IMG_1891_zpsmbs2iyzg.jpg

Fralin did say that it was probably a 50/50 proposition that UNBUCKERS are potted vs. unpotted as he sells them both ways. As Guy stated, I was getting a lot of uncontrolled feedback. I wanted something with a more balanced split coil volume and because the unbuckers have one coil larger than the other you don't loose volume. I was familiar with how SD59's sound in a Millie as they are potted and I don't experience feedback issues with that. Their sound turned out great (as soon as I can figure how to get the video off my cell onto this site).

Dang android updates on my cellphone. Always messin with my network settings.

Had my wife shoot this when I was taking the millie for a spin just to get an idea on the sound of the pickups. Playing through a KPB810 repurposed blues deluxe wired up point to point like a spitfire amp. Just the Millie, the spitfire, 3 chords and the truth (no effects). Really liking these UNBUCKERS as the split coil gets me close to a good strat pickup sound with minimal volume loss.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dl_mUz52Tgc

man I hope this link works....

Archived